Brighton and Hove Albion vs Blackburn Rovers ****Official Match Thread****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hull were a very good well organised team and Poyet got his tactics spot on i think , he used the subs to perfection and barring injury i think he will start how we did on saturday , Blackburn pose a different question in the way they play to Hull and the addition of campbell gives them a bit of pace as well as proven goal scorer .

This will be nip and tuck and the result will no doubt be by the odd goal either way, if i were to have a bet i would make us slight favs due to the undoubted quality we have on the bench now ,but Blackburn themselves have a decent squad and will certainly finish the season strong with the squad they have .

A tentative 1-0 to us Lopez penalty 86th minute :whistle:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I'd quite like to see this line up:

----------------------Usual back 5-----------------------

---------------Bridcutt----------Hammond---------------

Buckley--------------Orlandi-------------Lua Lua-----------

-------------CMS------------------Ulloa---------------------

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'd quite like to see this line up:

----------------------Usual back 5-----------------------

---------------Bridcutt----------Hammond---------------

Buckley--------------Orlandi-------------Lua Lua-----------

-------------CMS------------------Ulloa---------------------

Good idea 12 players, as long as the ref is Mr Magoo we should be fine :p

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Blackburn pose a different question in the way they play to Hull and the addition of campbell gives them a bit of pace as well as proven goal scorer:

We handled Campbell pretty well when he was on loan to Ipswich.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
12 works for me and if it was Lee Probert he would probably let us get away with it , smashing chap is Lee

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gus made a point about Ulloa being particuarly exhausted, can't see him starting unfortunately.

Sorry, but Leo is 26 years old, he's had 72 hours to recover from Saturday, unless he's had a knock / injured, then I think that's plenty of recovery time no matter how exhausted and fully expect to see him lining up tonight.

Personally, I think Gus is trying to manage our expectations given the massive impact he made against Arsenal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Haha, I thought it looked too good, probably take Hammond out then. It looks abit too attacking now tho, doesnt it?

I'd take the labrador out personally. Much better as an impact sub where his constant losing the ball, badly timed runs, and general busy play might be put to good use in the last 20mins.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Have a feeling Ulloa will be on bench tonight. It's nothing other than a Gus meddling type of feeling

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blackburn are very physical, and will be our faces throughout the game. It will be extremely difficult to play our open passing game.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just re-watched 1st half of Hull game again, surprised to say it I was probably most impressed with CMS. Lively, direct and distribution was decent. Should start tonight imho
But that cant be right, so many on here are in the know and think he is crap and should be sold and replaced by Barnes...... isnt that right lads?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
At Blackburn they worked incredibly hard at closing us down and then hitting us on the break with pace through the middle. Hammond wasn't playing that night if my memory serves me right. I think we will need his physical presence tonight. What really went against us that night was conceding first as they came out in the 2nd half and worked even harder, giving us little time and space. We will need to be patient again and I feel the best option would be to bring Vicente on when their legs tire a bit with 30 minutes to go. As always, I could be completely wrong!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At Blackburn they worked incredibly hard at closing us down and then hitting us on the break with pace through the middle. Hammond wasn't playing that night if my memory serves me right. I think we will need his physical presence tonight. What really went against us that night was conceding first as they came out in the 2nd half and worked even harder, giving us little time and space. We will need to be patient again and I feel the best option would be to bring Vicente on when their legs tire a bit with 30 minutes to go. As always, I could be completely wrong!

I agree with you, that sums it up well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports