Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Blackburn Rovers ****Official Match Thread****

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Same team as Saturday I reckon, although I would like to see Hoskins have a go, maybe start with Vicente and give Blackburn a test from the off, we can always go safer in the second half if need be.... Blackburn are no mugs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Buckley is a shoe in too start, please, have to have natural width from the off.

Normal back 5
Orlandi, Bridcutt, Dicker, Buckley
Ulloa, CMS

Vicente to come on after 55 minutes. If it was me, I would start him in place of Dicker and just go for it. But he wont.

Wait,what? You've just made up your own starting line up, and then disagreed with it! If you'd start Vicente in place of Dicker, why not just put him in there? It's not like you've given tonight's actual line up there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Warming up for the game by watching the Hull highlights and Tanno's pre-match briefing. Nerves starting to kick in - always a good sign!
Setting off about 3pm. Every game from now on in is the most important of the season so far. Exciting!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Confident but still worried. I'm hoping the guy in front of me has his mobile as well tonight because the cheer as Leeds score will be as big as CMS hitting the net. Big eight days coming up that could see us 9 points adrift. We MUST get our foot firmly in the door tonight and make 6th our position. Cardiff away is going to be hard so get those home wins working for us.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Interesting reading Appleton's interview on Blackburn's site.

"It is a tough place to go but we have a game plan as to how we can go about it, the areas of the field where we think we can be dangerous.

"Again we'll be positive in what we do and we'll just see if we are lucky enough to take the points."

The match at Ewood three weeks ago saw Appleton pick up his first point as Rovers boss and he believes that the players will have to repeat that same level of commitment tonight if they are to add to their points tally.

"I thought we thwarted them completely," added Appleton. "You only had to speak to their staff after the game, they told us nobody had done what we did on the night to them.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We are going to SMASH them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Kuszczak

Bruno~El-Abd~Upson~Bridge

Bridcutt~Spanish Dave

Orlandi~Vicente~Buckley

Ulloa​

CMS to be an impact sub if needed. Spanish Dave is showing himself to be diligent in defence and astute in attack. I'd have him playing a deeper role with Bridcutt. Buckley gives us pace so he's in for me.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Wait,what? You've just made up your own starting line up, and then disagreed with it! If you'd start Vicente in place of Dicker, why not just put him in there? It's not like you've given tonight's actual line up there.

you got me there, I was more thinking what I think Gus will do, and then what I would like to see, but your right, Vicente for Dicker and go for them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It should be a very tight game. The only goal Blackburn have conceded in the last four games is our penalty. I think it will be 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0 either way. Unless we can score early.

Kooshack
Bruno
Bridge
El Abd
Upson
Bridcutt
Hammond
Spanish Dave
Orlandi
Buckley
Ulloa

Ank
Calderon
Dicker
Vicente
Lua Lua
CMS
Hoskins

If it's still a draw(or we're losing) after 65mins bring on Vicente and Lua Lua for Hammond and Spanish Dave(or Buckley).

If its still a draw(or we're losing) after 80mins bring on CMS(or Hoskins) for Orlandi.

If it's still a draw(or we've lost) at the final whistle blame Barnes. Or Barber.

Jimmy Grimble

Interesting reading Appleton's interview on Blackburn's site.

Think that's why we'll see more pace against them tonight [i.e Buckley or Lua Lua], as opposed to the team we put out against them at Ewood Park.

Factoring in knocks/injuries, I think Gus will go with:

Kuszczak

Calderon El-Abd Upson Bridge

Bridcutt

Buckley Lopez Hammond Orlandi

Ulloa

CMS to come on for Ulloa once he starts tiring. Vicente to come on if/when needed, same for Lua Lua.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Buckley is a shoe in too start, please, have to have natural width from the off.

Normal back 5
Orlandi, Bridcutt, Dicker, Buckley
Ulloa, CMS

Vicente to come on after 55 minutes. If it was me, I would start him in place of Dicker and just go for it. But he wont.

Rowley Birkin likes this.
But, not starting Vicente, much prefer him coming on as a Uber impact sub.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Is Orlandi fit? He seemed to be carrying an injury at the end of the Hull game.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Orlandi fit? He seemed to be carrying an injury at the end of the Hull game.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
After hearing Tanno this morning I think Vicente will start from bench with the same starting 11, Maybe Crofts in for Hammond

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus implied some players were knackered - so expect changes.

I'm getting excited too Severnside. Not driving today. Straight to the ground by train. Home by Seagull Travel. 6pm is beer o'clock.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Confident but still worried. I'm hoping the guy in front of me has his mobile as well tonight because the cheer as Leeds score will be as big as CMS hitting the net. Big eight days coming up that could see us 9 points adrift. We MUST get our foot firmly in the door tonight and make 6th our position. Cardiff away is going to be hard so get those home wins working for us.

3 home wins on the trot and it won't matter if we lose against Cardiff

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gus made a point about Ulloa being particuarly exhausted, can't see him starting unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here