Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion versus Exeter City ***Official Match Thread***

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just got back and what an awesome display. I don't think I've seen a last five minutes like that, we could have scored six at the end.

Abject display by Exeter - I don't think they got a shot on target.

Pity the other teams did so well, but you can't have everything.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I've just read the BBC report and realised that whilst listening to the commentary, I didn't hear Painter, Calderon, El Abd, Greer and Kishishev mentioned very often (except El Abd's goal).

Is that the sign of a good defence and Kishi as sweeper doing their jobs?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've just read the BBC report and realised that whilst listening to the commentary, I didn't hear Painter, Calderon, El Abd, Greer and Kishishev mentioned very often (except El Abd's goal).

It's because the movement and passing between them is too quick for most local radio commentators. :lolol: Bet you're looking forward to catching a couple of games soon Mr T.O.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
It's because the movement and passing between them is too quick for most local radio commentators. :lolol: Bet you're looking forward to catching a couple of games soon Mr T.O.

Damn right I am. Dagenham & Redbridge on Boxing Day and Charlton at home on the 29th. My worry is getting a ticket but I'm hoping it won't be too much of a problem. I don't care if it's wet and windy. I just want to see some tippy-tappy football and be part of the Gus bus. :thumbsup:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Don't worry, both Painter and Calderon saw plenty of the ball, and Kish was the lynch-pin in midfield. Even though we only played a two man defence most of the time (Greer and El Abd), they hardly had anything to do, hence not too many touches.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So, 8 of the current top 9 win tonight - pretty competitive!

Great to see us getting so few yellow cards - quite a while since the last red.

This is the sort of stat you expect all season but its a funny division up to now.

Saying that, with 15 games gone the top 6 now consist of teams who should have the staying power.

The stat you quoted will probably be the norm now so we need to stay on our game and keep it going.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Their player Archibald-Henville (I think it was) who went down with cramp a few times, ended up just going off the pitch with about ten mins to go, which explained why we had a ridiculous amount of space every time we broke down the left with LuaLua/Painter.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Their player Archibald-Henville (I think it was) who went down with cramp a few times, ended up just going off the pitch with about ten mins to go, which explained why we had a ridiculous amount of space every time we broke down the left with LuaLua/Painter.

Oh wow. I never noticed that. Well, I noticed him go down with cramp a couplpe of times, but didn't notice him leave the pitch. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here