Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Brighton and Hove Albion v Sunderland, in Albufeira - Official**

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
So how many were there, us and Sunderland ? Any crowd pics ? Well done boys, esp. as this our starting line-up for season

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Especially as you seemed to think we'd lose 4 or 5 nil. Can I ask a question? Why are you so negative?

Because he has an IQ of 8? :blush:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We all know it's a good team but whether we win or lose pre-season means f*** all. That said it will give the players some confidence.

We're gonna win the bloody league!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Just read this 'gem' on the Sunderland boards...

'Brighton fans in the old town last night all exicited about the game tonight apparently one of them said ....."we cant wait this is our cup final" good lads though. temperature steady at 32 degrees, Superbock 2 euros a pint flip flops still very warm, the hats are off to the strip to gather with the hoardes from 4pm cant wait....has it stopped raining yet?
Love the hats'

Yeah mate..its our cup final...
:wanker:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Sorry if i missed it but who was captain?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Was at the game last night and friendly or not we absolutely battered Sunderland's first team in the first half. Kishishev was f***ing outstanding, Sparrow has an engine like Nobby Horton, Greer was quality, Nav and Calderon likewise, and no joke - Muzza completely overshadowed Jones and Bent. If Gus can just coach Bennett to take one quick touch and then whip in crosses he'd be devasatating as well. My brother lives in Portugal and he commented after 20 minutes that he couldn't believe how good the Albion were. I really am not one for getting carried away - too many false dawns and all that - but if Gus keeps them playing and passing like that (and the first 12/13 stay fit) then we may be on the brink of something special next season. Finally, what a turn out from Brighton fans; loads of us and bloody noisy.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Was at the game last night and friendly or not we absolutely battered Sunderland's first team in the first half. Kishishev was f***ing outstanding, Sparrow has an engine like Nobby Horton, Greer was quality, Nav and Calderon likewise, and no joke - Muzza completely overshadowed Jones and Bent. If Gus can just coach Bennett to take one quick touch and then whip in crosses he'd be devasatating as well. My brother lives in Portugal and he commented after 20 minutes that he couldn't believe how good the Albion were. I really am not one for getting carried away - too many false dawns and all that - but if Gus keeps them playing and passing like that (and the first 12/13 stay fit) then we may be on the brink of something special next season. Finally, what a turn out from Brighton fans; loads of us and bloody noisy.

Thanks mate and thats great to hear, how did we look down the lefthand side?

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor

I was also at the game and have to say that is a spot on assessment. Speaking to a mate after the game who'd had a drink with Sunderlands old bill they quoted crowd of 900 with 600 of us and 300 Mackems.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just read this 'gem' on the Sunderland boards...

'Brighton fans in the old town last night all exicited about the game tonight apparently one of them said ....."we cant wait this is our cup final" good lads though. temperature steady at 32 degrees, Superbock 2 euros a pint flip flops still very warm, the hats are off to the strip to gather with the hoardes from 4pm cant wait....has it stopped raining yet?
Love the hats'

Yeah mate..its our cup final...
:wanker:

To be fair there probably were some mongs out there (who no doubt have a five figure post count on here) who thought it was our cup final.......european one at that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here