**Brighton and Hove Albion v Sunderland, in Albufeira - Official**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
from earlier on in text from Sunderland commentary

Very friendly summer atmosphere here in the stadium as we approach kick off time. Two police dogs are going mental on the running track that spans the pitch, though. Wouldn't want to be doing the 100m anytime soon.
:lolol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
How badly do you reckon we'd actually have to do in a pre-season for the manager to be sacked? What about losing every game 6-0?

Not sure, if we had gone out with the best starting 11 and the manager saying this is my strongest side by a mile and then losing 6-0 to the likes of Bognor etc would set alarm bells, but I wouldn't thought a manager would and probably never has been sacked on the back of it.

Seems we've played well tonight which is encouraging. Roll on the footie season!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Funny how everyone claimed the result didn't matter in the previous friendlies, but now everyone seems to be acting as if it does!

I know there's more to it than that. But say we beat Sunderland I bet there'd be a lot more people going over the top about a positive result as there are people going on about a negative one.
Probably. The result is meaningless though, its the performance that matters. Our 1st. XI did well tonight.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Very good work out and performance by the sound of it. Quite a few of the boys got 90 mins under there belts. Sounds like we were injury free which is a bonus.
It's slowly coming together now.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Not sure, if we had gone out with the best starting 11 and the manager saying this is my strongest side by a mile and then losing 6-0 to the likes of Bognor etc would set alarm bells, but I wouldn't thought a manager would and probably never has been sacked on the back of it.

Seems we've played well tonight which is encouraging. Roll on the footie season!

Encouraging workout against Premiership opposition. Score irrelevant. Let's hope the scouts were not watching Bennett too closely :eek:

Jul 7, 2003
From the club site:

Final Score: Albion1 Sunderland 1
Albion gave their most impressive pre-season display in Portugal against Premiership opposition, and leave the field at the Estádio de Albufeira to a standing ovation. Glenn Murray's first-half penalty is cancelled out by a late Frazier Campbell goal, but Albion can be proud of their performance in a match in which they proved the better side on the night.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't make us world beaters any more than losing to Whitehawk made us crap. A good solid performance though by the sound of it. Very encouraging.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd be worried if I were a S'land supporter after that. It didn't sound as if they showed anything at all....it'd be like us losing to Whitehawk....oh....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Murray placing the penalty in the nut bag

0,,10433~8914061,00.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports