Brighton and Hove Albion v Reading ***Official Match Thread*** Boxing Day 2014

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good point that .....
:lolol:

You think so? If we weren't so crap the first half we wouldn't have given ourselves a mountain to climb. Another shit side getting points from us at home

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He was wearing a fairly heavy blue lumberjack shirt and the touch was a fraction of a second. I hit muscle and a burst of energy ran through my body.

Momentarily I felt dazed and confused before rushing round Waitrose like a Supermarket Sweeper on LSD.

*swoon*

I hit muscle.

I BET YOU DID

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Feels like a better result than the Wolves game. Hyppia and Bungling Burke gone, recovering from 2-0 down with the soon to be knighted Inigo Calderon scoring a last minute equaliser. New manager in within the next week and all to play for in the New Year, come on Albion!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Good come back form a terrible start but the fact is, it's still not bloody good enough.

The new year HAS to be the start of an epic turn around in form

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good come back form a terrible start but the fact is, it's still not bloody good enough.

Spot on but for now we can at least rejoice that we have Calde to love no matter how bad it might be

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It's wins we need but this is a good base for the new manager to work with. Pulis to be announced tomorrow?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
What a result! Vaulting from 23rd to 23rd.

You can see the difference binning Hyypia made!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We have to win the home games, especially against teams in the lower half.

With 5 of the top 6 still to visit the AMEX, 1 point against the 17th placed team simply isn't enough.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good come back - suggests a bit of fight and spirit (and possibly even correct use of substitutes?) - but still only one point.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What a result! Vaulting from 23rd to 23rd.

You can see the difference binning Hyypia made!

Are you seriously insinuating that it would have been a good idea to keep him on? I doubt even he'd agree with that himself. In fact, we know he didn't; that's why he quit.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We have to win the home games, especially against teams in the lower half.

With 5 of the top 6 still to visit the AMEX, 1 point against the 17th placed team simply isn't enough.

As pleasing as the fight backs in our last two games have been, this is the fundamental problem. We need to find lots of points, FAST, but from where?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Are you seriously insinuating that it would have been a good idea to keep him on? I doubt even he'd agree with that himself. In fact, we know he didn't; that's why he quit.
Not a good idea -- simply irrelevant whether he stayed or went.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

We did it in 1996 and again in 1997 I cannot find the stats (I am sure someone will) but I think we were several points adrift in January both seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports