Brighton and Hove Albion v Reading ***Official Match Thread*** Boxing Day 2014

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Manager sacked, no reaction from the players, losing badly to a pretty average team. We are relegation bound.

People still holding on to the 'too good to go down' rhetoric.
But, i agree- where are we going to get the points from to stay up? Which players are going to suddenly turn their seasons around enough to keep us up? Exactly who could we sign in January to make the blind bit difference?

We ARE relegation bound.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
What a bunch of pricks. The whole team needs rebuilding. Another shit performance, another home defeat. Disgusting, whole club should feel ashamed and embarrassed, we're the laughing stock of the entire football league. Just not gonna bother for the rest this season.

I think no matter how hard we try Blackpool might already have that in the bag this season....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
see I have always hoped that when we sold the backbone of the side, it would be replaced by at least fighters they are not and its not just a couple of bad decisions its one after the other
one or two mistakes yes its going to happen but this many.
IMHO when they got rid of Gus it totally left us in the lurch..................that one decision was wrong and started an avelanche

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
2-1 Dunk, our best striker.

edit: sorry, JFC paying off half a seasons persistence without any seeming reward :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
People still holding on to the 'too good to go down' rhetoric.
But, i agree- where are we going to get the points from to stay up? Which players are going to suddenly turn their seasons around enough to keep us up? Exactly who could we sign in January to make the blind bit difference?

We ARE relegation bound.

It may feel like that now but look at Birmingham. They sacked Clarke, then lost 8-0 at home to Bournemouth in the next game. In comes Rowett and turns it around and suddenly pretty much the same players are well clear of the relegation zone.

Surely, a new manager will see what Ince offers, for example, and play him. That will improve things for a start!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
get in 1-2 ....................but is it papering over the cracks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports