**Brighton and Hove Albion v Portimonense, in Ferreiras - Official**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nothing funny bout 1 of are players getting punched!
Its quite funny (as long as he's alright. Not so good if the punch actually hurt him). Sounds like the team building has worked, all the boys piled in.

Can't wait for the 'extended highlights'

:jester:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone know what started it or did their player just randomly run up to Barnes and punch him :shrug:

this was part of the text commentary

26: Ashley Barnes looking lively upfront, winning the majority of his aeriel battles, but the Portuguese side's defenders don't seem to impressed with his robust approach - all within the law I might add.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ivandildo sounds a bit of a prick. :drink:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Naylor's version

Albion's friendly against Portimonense in Portugal tonight was abandoned in the second half after a mass confrontation.

The bust-up was sparked by an off-the-ball incident involving Albion striker Ashley Barnes and Portimonense forward Ivanildo.

Ivanildo chased after Barnes and pushed him following a challenge by the Seagulls' frontman.

All hell then broke loose. Albion boss Gus Poyet was first on the pitch to try to calm things down.

He was then joined by the rest of his players and staff, together with the entire Portimonense squad and bench.

Referee Nuno Guerbeiro marched down the tunnel with his assistants.

Albion trailed 2-0 at the time to goals by Pena just before half-time and an explosive shot by Ivanildo after the break.

Bollocks did Gus try and calm everything down.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No red cards shown as far as I can see, I doubt there will be any suspensions.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Wouldn't of thought so, i think players can only get suspended in friendlies if it's given by the club.

They can be suspended but whether the suspension has any affect in the UK is a different story.

Oatway's 1 match ban given by the FAI the last time a friendly abroad for the Albion turned in to a fight applied in the UK.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
ivanildoAAC.jpg

WANKER WANKER WANKER. :US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports