Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Oldham Athetic OFFICIAL THREAD

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Great result today lads and lasses all the best for he remaining 3 games, momentum is everything in football and you may just have it. It would be a corking escape if you pull it off as well seeing where you were 2 weeks ago

Thanks mate;)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Now it's time to just win some bloody games.

I hope and pray it doesn't come down to some third-tier tie-breaker. GD is bad enough.

Russell Slade's hat

Mar 16, 2008
Burgess Hill
Slade has got it spot on the last two games,
Hart and Owousu up front wokred like a dream today, Doug Loft had another good game, he is really proofing himself, A shame Whing lost his head, I hope it doesn't cost us as he has been our BEST players second half of the season. And tbh El-abd and Virgo were just a liabilty at the centre of defence second half, As soon as we lost Elphick we looked clueless and you could see and Oldham goal comming.

A win on tuesday and I believe we will stay up :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Some opinions from today's game:

-The whole defensive seemed panicky and uncertain just after half time, though were mostly effective despite this
-kuipers made some silly errors, but also made some great saves.
-El Abd needs to grow a pair. He never seems to attack a ball. His constant backing off is well covered on here, but his reluctance to deal with the long ball let Oldham in for their goal.
-Owusu's first goal was funny, I don't know if it was going wide like they said on commentary, but the save pushed it back towards owusu, who headed it a second time to force it in.
-Hart, Owusu and Cox ran their socks off. It was all the more apparent when Andrews came on and didn't run nearly as much, and jarrett came on and seemed unsure of what he was supposed to be doing.
-Our survival is now in our own hands. Win our remaining games we stay up
-If we win tuesday and saturday, and crewe and carlisle drop points we're safe. This time next week, we could be safe!
-John Lees made quite a few errors in the second half, but in the first half was very good, and no where near as error prone or annoying as gavin.
-gullys girls looked younger than they do in the pics posted on here. new line up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here