Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Luton Town pre-season friendly official match thread.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Seeing as how we are playing fractions of the first team in each match we can't expect much really, but o would have liked to see games with the full team by now, or at least parts of games with essentially the full team.

Hughton knows what he's doing. There are two friendlies this coming week to play the full team and I'm still confident we'll make a couple of signings (at least a centre half) before Derby

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
4/5 of these players are gauranteed 1st team starters. What do you expect. It's a training excercise for the like of Twats like Ernest to get excited about.
Years ago friendlies would not have gave even raised a discussion. Now it seems we are all doomed.
Makes me laugh anyway.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Hughton knows what he's doing. There are two friendlies this coming week to play the full team and I'm still confident we'll make a couple of signings (at least a centre half) before Derby

Like you I am relatively confident of at least one CB before Derby, but let be honest that wouldn't just be nice it is an absolute necessity.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
4/5 of these players are gauranteed 1st team starters. What do you expect. It's a training excercise for the like of Twats like Ernest to get excited about.
Years ago friendlies would not have gave even raised a discussion. Now it seems we are all doomed.
Makes me laugh anyway.

Everyone is aware its a friendly and results don't overly matter, but lets be honest the performances in both games have been a long way short of where we hoped they would be and both Luton and Fulham were a lot brighter and stronger than us. Much work to do in the next fortnight.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does CMS still play kick'n'rush for Luton anyone know? Couldn't see his name on the teamsheet. And rarely see his name on the scoresheet. Another club obviously not 'playing to his strengths'.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Does CMS still play kick'n'rush for Luton anyone know? Couldn't see his name on the teamsheet. And rarely see his name on the scoresheet. Another club obviously not 'playing to his strengths'.

Yes but injured

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Everyone is aware its a friendly and results don't overly matter.

I don't think they are. It does not matter a jot what happens. It's part of a pre season warm up and training excercise.

There is nothing to read in to it. Go for a beer and wait for the real action to start.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
This year it is also more important to give the best U23/U21 players game time with the first team squads put out in these friendlies as they are the ones to be called on in the absence of emergency loans this year.

Looks like all the EFL Trophy slots will be used up by the time they get to Brighton in the U21 league rankings from last year, but here's hoping we get in as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How did Stephens replacement Sidwell play?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What a great suggestion. It's a shame you're not the Chairman really.

If 13 wins, 6 draws and 1 defeat in the last 20 league games is a bore draw expert, I hate to see what you would call most managers.

Ignore the troll. He's just deeply unhappy as an individual.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here