Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Derby County ****Official Match Thread****

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm cautiously confident ahead of these games. I think it's down to OG's tactics and line-up, we need to push for a goal tonight, while keeping a solid back line against one of the strongest attacking sides in the Championship. I have a feeling that him and the team can pull off what Poyet failed to achieve last time round.

:bhasign:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I am feeling extraordinarily ZEN about tonight. A combination of:

- We're the underdog but I quite fancy our chances
- We're improving all the time
- I have more faith in OG as a 'playoff manager' - I think he's learnt from the previous Derby games
- I'm not even considering Wembley (yet) - last year I allowed myself to dare to dream and it backfired
- My lucky shirt (98 Donatello's home) has a 100% record this season
- Obviously I'd LOVE to go up, but I would just as equally enjoy another season bouncing around the top of the Champo.

So all in all, I feel alot like this:
habitudes-zen.jpg

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I am feeling extraordinarily ZEN about tonight. A combination of:

- We're the underdog but I quite fancy our chances
- We're improving all the time
- I have more faith in OG as a 'playoff manager' - I think he's learnt from the previous Derby games
- I'm not even considering Wembley (yet) - last year I allowed myself to dare to dream and it backfired
- My lucky shirt (98 Donatello's home) has a 100% record this season
- Obviously I'd LOVE to go up, but I would just as equally enjoy another season bouncing around the top of the Champo.

So all in all, I feel alot like this:
View attachment 53542

I agree. I'm happy to say that the pressure is off ME tonight. I might even enjoy the game.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Sat in a lecture about the National Theatre and this match is all I can think about. Bloody football, why do we love it so much?!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Just a thought, with this being a 2-legged affair - should we find ourselves leading with a few minutes remaining, will there be any of that running the clock down keeping the ball in the corner nonsense?

Obviously a different situation come Sunday.

Thoughts?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Just a thought, with this being a 2-legged affair - should we find ourselves leading with a few minutes remaining, will there be any of that running the clock down keeping the ball in the corner nonsense?

Obviously a different situation come Sunday.

Thoughts?

Tough one isn't it.

I rememeber we did against Swindon in the 1st leg when 1-0 up but we were away from home. I think I'd be dissapointed if we're ahead by 1 goal in the 89th/90th minute, have a chance to win a corner and decide to time waste.

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Excited, nervous, apprehensive, absolutely buzzing! This is what the play-offs, and indeed the Championship as a whole, is all about and I cannot wait! My gut says we'll lose given how brilliantly Derby have performed this season and if justice is seen to then they will win because they deserve promotion after how well they have done this season.

Hopefully lady justice won't be watching and we can sneak a result but we'll see.

At least this time if we miss out on Wembley it won't have been to Palace.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tough one isn't it.

I rememeber we did against Swindon in the 1st leg when 1-0 up but we were away from home. I think I'd be dissapointed if we're ahead by 1 goal in the 89th/90th minute, have a chance to win a corner and decide to time waste.

Yes, that.

Although this could be easily confused with just yet another absolutely shithouse corner routine that goes laughably wrong.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I thought the last few were 11 hours before KO? All looks in order to me. Can't see us winning though, Derby are too strong and our team is lackluster and unskilled.

My mistake then! I see everything is in order now, I'm fairly relaxed about the game, to get to this point is such a bonus.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Yes, that.

Although this could be easily confused with just yet another absolutely shithouse corner routine that goes laughably wrong.

Having said that, I would say this season has probably been one of our most prolific from corners in recent years. I know there's been a bit of moaning on here about them but we have actually scored a few.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4/10 and that was with two lucky guesses

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
7/10.

But I got 10/10 on the Album Covers of the 90s

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Just can't justify a 3.45am KO when I've got young children to teach tomorrow...balls. Com' on you Super Seagulls. Guess I'll wake up to either great or galling news in the morning.

:bhasign::bhasign::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::drink::rave::tosser::ohmy::love:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh joy, this what football is all about.... Leaving work now, quick shower change and down the pub, before heading up the Amex....

I feel very very excited about tonight, and confident we will get a result and even more confident we will see the job through at Derby.... This is going to be a great couple of days people....

Lets get behind the team from the get go.....

I feel so much more confident than when we played Palace....

ut victor spolia..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here