Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Charlton Athletic “OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD”

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Just caught the Radio London summary on tinternet.............
" Brighton created very, very little & Gus Poyet has really got his work cut out"
Everyone (almost) blamed Russell Slade ( I adore Gus & think it's the best decision this club has made in many a year ) but it was not his fault. We have had no passion from this bunch except when RS got them realising getting relegated last season would have spelt the end of some of their careers. The players are shite & if GP did bring in the youth team players ( who seem to be doing ok ) I would applaud him for showing this shower ( most of them ) that they are dispensible.
At least the youth team would show passion & have the ability to learn.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
You've hit the nail on the head and depressingly highlighted we are indeed, for 2nd season, in a relegation fight before xmas. Pull curtains, pour drink.....:down:

I'll join you with a double shot of JD please. Since August I'm amazed how depressed the Albion have made me feel on an almost weekly basis. The only weekly event keeping my Albion morale even slightly above suicidal are a series of photos of a half finished stadium by Jack Straw. Some bits of steel sticking out of a chalky hole ffs! Please start winning soon Albion before I get completely maudlin and start watching premiership footy on sky sports!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'll join you with a double shot of JD please. Since August I'm amazed how depressed the Albion have made me feel on an almost weekly basis. The only weekly event keeping my Albion morale even slightly above suicidal are a series of photos of a half finished stadium by Jack Straw. Some bits of steel sticking out of a chalky hole ffs! Please start winning soon Albion before I get completely maudlin and start watching premiership footy on sky sports!

Post of the night!! :clap2:

Fantastic quote, top action fella!!:clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually in a peverse way enjoyed tonight. Yes ok we lost, BUT I thought there were times we played some bloody good stuff. A bit of luck and we would have been 1-0 up. Smith played ok I thought, the first goal was acracking header which he got down to but couldn't keep out and the second he had no chance with.

If kuips had made that double save in the second half, people on here would be creaming their pants.

I just think we need some confidence and maybe Mcnulty coming back will give us that.

Charlton were so much faster than us all over the pitch and that really wa sthe difference.

Oh BTW, the ref had "small man syndrome".

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Same old story, we had a lot of the ball, didn't really look troubled although we didn't really create anything either, and then let in two ridiculously shit goals and ruined the game.

There's only one way to fix our problems and that is better players.

We had the possession yet did nothing with it, all in all i was very disappointed. Charlton weren't great at all It's just individual errors again. The ref was also terrible and am I right in thinking we have had some shockers this season? It is common place that the ref get's some abuse but some of the awful ones we have had this season have been baffling.

I actually in a peverse way enjoyed tonight. Yes ok we lost, BUT I thought there were times we played some bloody good stuff. A bit of luck and we would have been 1-0 up. Smith played ok I thought, the first goal was acracking header which he got down to but couldn't keep out and the second he had no chance with.

If kuips had made that double save in the second half, people on here would be creaming their pants.

I just think we need some confidence and maybe Mcnulty coming back will give us that.

Charlton were so much faster than us all over the pitch and that really wa sthe difference.

Oh BTW, the ref had "small man syndrome".

Sorry I cannot remember anything from this game when we played anything reasonable let alone bloody good. How many shots on target did we have all game? 1 & we hit the post early on. End of. Charlton were cruising & could have steemed rolled over us if they wanted too. It is beyond confidence. One or two lightweights in a team fair enough. We have at least 8 week in week out. Get rid of the whole of the back line up.

Absolute disgrace the lot of them.

Smith - I felt sorry for. Blinding double save & a pathetic, useless bunch of salary slaves in front of him who know that they will not be playing at Falmer but ripping off our club until then.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well we all see things differently. I thought we passed the ball well at times and the first 20 minutes, was really good to see. Again 15 minutes of the second half, when McNulty came on we moved the ball well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have got BHAFC to win in my accumulator sorry folks.

Will you stop doing that?!

f*** Off. You can't judge that from playing 3 of the best teams in the league you f***ing idiot. We had Kuipers under Slade, you happened to read Smith's goals to shots on target ratio?

Goals 28
Shots on target 60

46.67% of shots on target resulted in goals.

*Shots on target as determined by ESPN soccernet.

Glen Murray has hardly got a mention....he'll score soon!

I noticed in the first 20mins he made some good runs, into space, and our players seemingly refused to pass to him. It would be an easy ball to him, but instead they turned around and ran in the other direction (usually into several charlton player and losing the ball).

Whats happened to the Tunnicliffe long throw?

I was wondering that, but there was one towards the end of the game tonight.

Fqqk me ref its a Mans game

Unless you want to criticise and boo the players, then you're not helping, just making them sad and hurting their feelings. Very manly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here