Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Charlton Athletic “OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD”

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Calm down. I said that to draw a comparison with the flak Slade received early into the start of the season. My point is that we could have Father Christmas as manager, nothing will just turn this team around and get us into the playoffs like half the people on this board expect us to be. Idiotic?

Fair enough, I'm just abit pissed off we're 2-0 down against one of the best teams in the league when we've been by far the better side :rant::rant:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh well we can't concede in the next 10 mins!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
One thing I'm interested in, what's our formation? Are we playing 4-4-2? Or 4-3-3? It may have been mentioned, but I missed the first 10 mins of the match. Although Navarro sounded quite good on the radio, mentioned more than his midfield colleagues. Would love to have a bit more creativity though, maybe Cox on?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Fair enough, I'm just abit pissed off we're 2-0 down against one of the best teams in the league when we've been by far the better side :rant::rant:

I just hate us losing! But my point overall is that the players for some reason aren't performing. I don't even know if it's individual or collectively any more. I'd be more than happy to ship them all out to be honest!

Don't blame Smith I am at the match. Neither goals his fault. Our defence is shocking. Not even Blue sq standard. Charlton are not that good either however we will lose by at least 4 goals unless there is a 100% improvement. Trouble is most of our team don't look bothered if, no sorry, when we will get another stuffing

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
One thing I'm interested in, what's our formation? Are we playing 4-4-2? Or 4-3-3? It may have been mentioned, but I missed the first 10 mins of the match. Although Navarro sounded quite good on the radio, mentioned more than his midfield colleagues. Would love to have a bit more creativity though, maybe Cox on?

lined up as 4-4-2 mate

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I just hate us losing! But my point overall is that the players for some reason aren't performing. I don't even know if it's individual or collectively any more. I'd be more than happy to ship them all out to be honest!

Perhaps they are performing.Has it occcured to you they,just may not be good enough. Did I really say that. :eek:

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Don't blame Smith I am at the match. Neither goals his fault. Our defence is shocking. Not even Blue sq standard. Charlton are not that good either however we will lose by at least 4 goals unless there is a 100% improvement. Trouble is most of our team don't look bothered if, no sorry, when we will get another stuffing

thats our problem to many players who dont give a f***

Attachments

• turd.png
    turd.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 199

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am at home with suspected swine flu but brother at the game has phoned and said we do not deserve to be 2 down as we are playing well. 2 silly defensive errors and no blame attached to Smith, Kuipers probably wouldnt have saved them.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
TBH I'm not too disheartened as we've just had/having the toughest run of games we're going to encounter this season. GP has had no quality time to get things right on the training ground, so the only time I'll start getting depressed is if we're still shit come March!

At the moment patience and support is required as it takes time for a new manager to make his mark...the wins will come in due course. :clap2:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I agree, but I can't tell whether this is the norm and we are just more exposed when we are playing good sides who take their chances.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The defence has been shocking for 2-seasons and wasn't much better b4 that....but for some reason we want to build from the front....please please please sort the back four out pronto......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here