Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Charlton Athletic “OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD”

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was that a NYDay game Simster? Damn cold if I remember right.

I remember the Garry Nelson goal as if it were yesterday. Scored right in front of us, the traitor.

PG
Yep, the Valley game was NYD. The one you refer to was at Upton Park and he scored after about 30 seconds. They won 2-0 and we went down. :(

Come to think of it, I've seen Albion play Charlton at The Golstone (lost 3-5), Selhurst (2-2), The Valley (0-1) and Upton Park (0-2). Not going to Withdean tonight, but there must be people out there who will be able to complete the set.

And it's a good job I'm not, I've never seen us beat Charlton!

Do I remember a game at the Goldstone which finished up 6 - 4 to Charlton.
It was 3-5. :(

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, the Valley game was NYD. The one you refer to was at Upton Park and he scored after about 30 seconds. They won 2-0 and we went down. :(

Come to think of it, I've seen Albion play Charlton at The Golstone (lost 3-5), Selhurst (2-2), The Valley (0-1) and Upton Park (0-2). Not going to Withdean tonight, but there must be people out there who will be able to complete the set.

And it's a good job I'm not, I've never seen us beat Charlton!

It was 3-5. :(

I know it was high scoring we kept coming back only for Charlton to score again.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can remember watching Albion play at the Valley way back in the 50's when I seem to recall Stuart Leary - an international cricketer who also played centre forward for Charlton - scored for them. I got his autograph :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Albion: Smith; Hoyte, Tunnicliffe, Elphick, El-Abd; Bennett, Dicker, Crofts, Navarro; Forster, Murray. Subs: Whing, McNulty, Cox, Dickinson, Virgo, C.Davies, Pelling.

Charlton: Elliot; Omozusi, S.Sodje, Dailly, Basey; Sam, Semedo, Bailey, Wagstaff; Burton, Mooney. Subs: Llera, Shelvey, Racon, Spring, McLeod, Randolph, A.Sodje.

Ref: Gavin Ward (Surrey)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Albion: Smith; Hoyte, Tunnicliffe, Elphick, El-Abd; Bennett, Dicker, Crofts, Navarro; Forster, Murray. Subs: Whing, McNulty, Cox, Dickinson, Virgo, C.Davies, Pelling.

Charlton: Elliot; Omozusi, S.Sodje, Dailly, Basey; Sam, Semedo, Bailey, Wagstaff; Burton, Mooney. Subs: Llera, Shelvey, Racon, Spring, McLeod, Randolph, A.Sodje.

Ref: Gavin Ward (Surrey)

I lost interest after "Smith"

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Pains me to see Thierry Racon on the wrong side, and on the bench. He is much missed.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
smith if he can build on his second half display saturday ok, navarro, im at a big loss here, not only cos he has so far been crap but i make that 3 like minded players, gus must be expecting a real scrap in the middle.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I thought the Dutchman was fit again,good to see Macca on the bench at last and on the Racon thing he did not look that good against Northwich 1-0 to us maybe a penalty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here