Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton And Hove Albion V Brentford FC ***OFFICIAL Match Thread***

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I thought we were talking about ELECTRIC wheelchairs. The standard chair is a whole different ball game. One hand must always be on the wheel, so the potential for a double-handed backhand is totally eradicated. That changes the dimensions of play massively.

oh right. my comment about the british entrant and wimbledon argument was based on it being an actual flid ie missing an arm. although thinking about it, he wouldnt be able to produce a double handed backhand either

i think that if it was not an electric wheelchair, then playing against an able bodied person and thus progressing in a tournament is out of the question. not only would the ball have flown past you by the time you got into position to return a shot, but the one bounce rule would absolutely rape you. the ONLY hope would be aceing every serve, as any sort of return would leave you utterly f***ed

Wow what a game!
For anyone who left 5 minutes before the end they would surely have had a different view to those of us who stayed to the end. Both teams played cagey football, creating few chances each but both looking solid. 1-0 to the Albion & Brentford could have felt a little agrieved as clearly they set their stool for a 0-0. And then whoosh! Two goals by us & a hatful of chances!

Forster should have started & we looked different class when he came on.

Hopefully Lua Lua is ok.

Main disappointment was a crowd of only 5539
Seemed more here & there was a pretty reasonable Brentford following.

We statistically can still get automatic promotion!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Better than Mediocre

We are ahead of the game. But I still don't think we can play two wingers. 4-4-2 is best for us.

My Forecasts:

Even with an average to mediocre record, I think we should survive.

March
Mon 8 19:45 A 1-2 Colchester FL1
Sat 13 15:00 H 0-2 Swindon Town FL1
Tue 16 19:45 H 2-1 Brentford FL1
Sat 20 15:00 A 0-1 Oldham FL1
Sat 27 15:00 H 3-1 Tranmere FL1
April
Thu 1 19:45 H 1-1 Southampton FL1
Mon 5 15:00 A 3-1 Hartlepool FL1
Sat 10 15:00 H 2-0 Carlisle FL1
Tue 13 19:45 A 1-3 Gillingham FL1
Sat 17 15:00 A 0-0 Southend FL1
Sat 24 15:00 H 2-2 Bristol Rovers FL1
May
Sat 1 15:00 A 1-3 MK Dons FL1
Sat 8 15:00 H Yeovil Town FL1

15 points

Total: 52 GD -12

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I thought Brentford looked ok - and had some quality players. We looked shaky (as you might expect) but the switch to two up front swung the game for us.

A good solid confidence builder. The players must all realise that Gus is the real deal now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here