Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FC vs Oldham Athetic FC ***Official Thread***

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Maybe Bloom will look at what has happened at Middlesbrough and weild the axe before things get really bad. Imagine a similar re-run of last season - why can't we learn from our mistakes?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Only home team in League One not to score today.

We (states the bleeding obvious) need a couple of natural goal scorers who want to be here and sadly we also need changes of management and coaching.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
How can their 'keeper make 8 saves from 3 shot's on target?

I presume that 'saves' counts all the times the keeper takes control of the ball when under threat - includes corners, crosses, long throw-ins, etc. Shots and shots on goal don't necessarily end up with keeper.

Final stats:

Code:
Brighton   v  Oldham Athletic
0      Goals                2
9(3)   Shots (on Goal)    8(4)
12     Fouls               10
11     Corner Kicks         2
4      Offsides            10
49%    Time of Possession 51%
0      Yellow Cards         3
0      Red Cards            0
3      Saves                8

I think this only shows you can be well organised, committed but controlled (no cards against us, but enough pressure to make opposition concede 3 yellows), get the ball to the strikers (not like Nicky to fail from that number of chances), and still lose.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Apparently the ball took a wicked deflection before beating Kuipers. Does anyone know who the ball came off and was it just back luck or a defensive error?

FDM had it covered until Virgs deflected it in.

Goal was deflected off elphick I think, good skill from their attacker to be honest. Think kuipers will be disappointed when he sees it again. Althought it wrong footed him iSt seemed to go under him.

Shocking, thats all I say. The first goal was deflected but Kuipers let it roll under his body, so as much to blame if not more.
Yeah, I was going to mention that. I think John Byrne was too lght on Kuipers. That ball was close enough for FDM to actually stop it, but he was too limp wristed. I'm not absolving the defence who shoud have stopped the shot, but the ball slowly rolled towards, Michel an went right through him.

The second was almost as bad, seemingly going right over kuiper's shoulder.

Fozzie misses another..................................unusual

That was a really bad miss. Wide open goal and he put it over from close range.

I know what you mean but, i think Bloom will wait untill after the tuff games ie charlton,southampton, etc coming up as going into those games leader less would be madness !! unless he has someone to come straight in

Would he want to give someone that line up as their first games in charge?

Maybe Bloom will look at what has happened at Middlesbrough and weild the axe before things get really bad. Imagine a similar re-run of last season - why can't we learn from our mistakes?

Yeah, being in the top two of your division is unacceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here