Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FC Vs Gillingham FC ***Official Thread***

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
woohoo, nice birthday pressie that. Onwards and upwards :drink:

The other thing is that no team in the world gets anywhere by changing managers every year. Personally I'm growing really tired of that now. At some point if we're to be successful we need to just back someone, put up with a period of transition, and reap the benefits later. I think Russell's done enough to be the man we back.

What he said

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Alas I will be in transit from france but there in spiwit!

Will all those ridiculous Sladebashers please now hush and see the full emerging potential of this team? Must be the best squad we have had for over 10 years?

Enjoy Tranmere chaps.

TNBA

TTF

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
The other thing is that no team in the world gets anywhere by changing managers every year. Personally I'm growing really tired of that now. At some point if we're to be successful we need to just back someone, put up with a period of transition, and reap the benefits later. I think Russell's done enough to be the man we back.

Real Madrid?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Nearly a home game for me, I can see Tranmere's floodlights from my living room (when they are on).

Trying to persuade the wife to come as well.

Have you tried rubbing her erogenous zones with a moist bell end, rather than trying to 'persuade' her?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Trying to persuade the wife to come as well.

That's not how you do it.

edit: too busy watching the goals so got left behind in the wit stakes

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Bearing in mind their expectations they haven't really been successful in recent years though - which is the spell they've had in which they swap manager every season. Haven't even got to the quarter finals in Europe for about five years have they? And Barca have marginally had the better of things in Spain. No, I stand by what I said, changing managers does not work and if we do it at any point this season we'll be back to square one.

So was it a mistake to sack Adams then?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Alas I will be in transit from france but there in spiwit!

Will all those ridiculous Sladebashers please now hush and see the full emerging potential of this team? Must be the best squad we have had for over 10 years?

Enjoy Tranmere chaps.

TNBA

TTF

Over ten years ? it has potential but I think you are pushing it there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Steve Claridge is a gentleman.

When I hear/see him I always remember a brighton game in which Cullip (or possibly oatway) lunged in and was sent off. It was generally accepted by fans, and neutral journalists, that the red card was harsh, that Cullip was clearly pulling out of the challenge and barely touched the opponent.

On the football league recap thing on TV, Andy Stegal seemed to struggle to keep a straight face as Claridge went on about how a three match ban wasn't enough, it was a disgusting foul and could have been career ending ad Cullip should be banned for a year.

Andy trying not to laugh was quite the picture (claridge was being serious)

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Think that was Nathan Jones in a League Cup tie at Brizzle Rovers that Claridge was advocating a year long ban for.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. What seems to be lost on many people is that were it not for Russell we would be in league two right now. And that's a FACT. If we were in league two then the best we could possibly hope for this season would be promotion TO league one. The fact we're already in league one means, in a perverse way, we're a year ahead of where we should be. And on that basis Russell can do what he wants this year as long as he doesn't have us near the bottom come February.

Bloody hell. I think for the first time EVER I agree with everything you've just said!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always maintained I think we'll be a bloody good side in this league.

Which is the whole crux of the matter TB does not want us in this division or league as you incorrectly describe it as we will be until we reach the Premiership, which is a different league. I do not believe that TB will be satisfied, and nor will we as fans to be just ok, we all want more. Is RS the man to deliver this ??????

For all the good points last night, had Gillingham been anything of an attacking force we could so easily have lost the game because our left midfield was completely exposed for the entire 2nd half, but they could not capitalise on it . and we did not close it up. But lets stick to the positives at least we got 3 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here