Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion consider bid for Preston North End striker

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
His a class act can see him going on to play at the highest level. Would be a great signing he has better pedigree than Baldock.

To be fair, that's not a great form of recommendation is it :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have we not signed the leading Div 1 striker in two of the last few seasons. If this is to be lets hope he makes the step up having failed with Nottingham Forest and this is not casting him aside before giving him a chance.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
To be fair, that's not a great form of recommendation is it :lol:

True! Remember watching Baldock very closely from the West Upper against Arsenal where he swapped positions temporarily with O'Grady. I saw some really intelligent runs against a Premier League back 4, problem was no one could spot them until he was slid in for our second goal which was an extremely good finish.

Baldock could be more than decent but isn't a lone striker or left winger so another waste of talent and money by the seem of things.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He would cost at least £1.5m + decent wages. Chuck that same total cost at Darren Bent and we would me much better off.

If you really think this guy would command a similar fee and wages to Darren Bent, then you, sir are an idiot.

Unless of course, I'm missing all the seasons in the premier league, England caps and multi-million pound transfers?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If you really think this guy would command a similar fee and wages to Darren Bent, then you, sir are an idiot.

Unless of course, I'm missing all the seasons in the premier league, England caps and multi-million pound transfers?
Firstly, no need for the personal insult.

Assume Garner would be on say £10k a week if we signed him on a 3 year contract + the £1.5m transfer fee.

I'd rather we offered Bent £25k per week on a 2 year deal which over the period of the contract works out the same as what Garner would cost.

Do you think Bent will get more than £25k per week in the Championship? Doubt it myself

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Firstly, no need for the personal insult.

Assume Garner would be on say £10k a week if we signed him on a 3 year contract + the £1.5m transfer fee.

I'd rather we offered Bent £25k per week on a 2 year deal which over the period of the contract works out the same as what Garner would cost.

Do you think Bent will get more than £25k per week in the Championship? Doubt it myself

Fair enough re the insult (though in my defence, I did tone it down from f***ing idiot).

I still think you're deluded re the cost of Bent. I'd imagine he'll be snapped up by a lower Prem / rich Champ side on £50k+ pw.

Little or no sell-on value would make him a LOT more expensive than Garner, given that we'd be able to ship him out for 50-60% of his fee even if he bombed for us (and would cost a quarter of the wages)

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Yep we buy the lge 1 top scorer every year, and never let us down

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yep we buy the lge 1 top scorer every year, and never let us down

Garner looks everything CMS isn't.

I wasn't optimistic about CMS or Baldock when we signed them, but Garner really does have what we've needed upfront with his intelligent play and brilliant technical skill in scoring goals.

Garner looks top class. No way can he be compared to CMS and Baldock.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Looks like he's got a lovely first touch. Sign him up!

the problem i have is that i don't like his chicken dance celebration, but il be forced to like it when he starts banging in important goals.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Garner looks everything CMS isn't.

I wasn't optimistic about CMS or Baldock when we signed them, but Garner really does have what we've needed upfront with his intelligent play and brilliant technical skill in scoring goals.

Garner looks top class. No way can he be compared to CMS and Baldock.

That can only be judged if he comes. But lets hope if he comes ur right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy jjust to see a rumour.
Hmmm I wonder how you'll feel after 6 weeks of this bullploppies, without a first team signing.

I'm already bored with the lack of imagination shown by NSC this Summer.
Joel Garner and J.E-T, :yawn:tastic.

They aren't fit to wipe Patrick Friday Eze boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here