Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton a Professional run Club

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As a non/anti-smoker one of my fondest memories is the lingering sweet aroma of the pipe smoke surrounding me in the early days at the Goldstone, standing on my homemade stool (by my Dad) in the West, then the walk across Hove Park afterwards to find the car (usually in The Droveway or similar). The letters around the pitch to check half-times, access to training in school holidays etc etc

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I miss being able to shout at the referee and lino....and them actually being able to hear me :)

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
But we did have many players at Withdean who were far from shit: Zamora, Watson, Brooker, Virgo, Carpenter, Cullip, Currie, Kuipers, to name a few examples. And don't forget we achieved THREE promotions while we were there ... pretty damn good in a 12 year period with football that on many occasions was a damn sight better than some of the dross served up at the Amex.

Wasn't it FOUR promotions? 3 x Championships and the Play-Off win - absolutely amazing when you think about it:O:albion2:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think the rain affected his brain.

That's very possibly the case. It seemed to rain every game for months at one point

It was just a part of football. I really enjoyed it, as you knew you were at a proper match and the other people also getting soaked were there for the same reason. Its so easy in full covered grounds for people to start chatting away about life and the football becomes secondary to a chat.

The atmosphere seemed better in the rain as well. I remember especially a game against Millwall where we won 1-0 right at the end with OGH scoring at the death, and another (also Millwall I think) where we won 4-1. Both great games that will stick with me and the rain is a big part of the memory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here