Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton 10 points deducted ?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I today logged onto Teamtalk and on the comments page, some Southampton fans was saying that Brighton have been charged with dodgy transfer dealings in January 2010 and is due for Appeal.
I heard something about us being mentioned on the radio a while back, but presumed it was meant to be QPR, but i cant find anything on the internet to back this charge up with.
Brighton website, even teamtalk itself doesnt mention it, also done a google search and nothing comes up on fa investigating Brighton.
Just getting a wee bit worried as now the 2nd time heard this, maybe a bit of truth in, 1st time know is rubbish, 2nd hmm.
I hope this is rubbish and just got us and QPR wrong, but would be such a shame if we dont win the league or go up because of this.
Any comments, finds on this people ?
Also what player would it be the dodgy dealings ? jan 2010 ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Nothing to worry about.
Either Colin Murray was confusing us with QPR or it was a hypothetical situation (to do with QPR)

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
bored of these April fools now =/

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Chill Winston, someone misheard something on the radio and posted it on here and some Soouthmapton fan has posted it on TeamTalk chinese whisper stylee

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chill Winston, someone misheard something on the radio and posted it on here and some Soouthmapton fan has posted it on TeamTalk chinese whisper stylee

Only way they have a chance to end up above us, so you can see why they'd want to believe it

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
It's a new handicapping system the FL is trying out to make the league more even. We're having 10 points deducted for being too good. Sheffield Wednesday are being awarded an extra 35 points for being shite. And they'd probably still miss the play-offs...

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
bored of these April fools now =/

Its no joke on my behalf, why would i want my team to be deducted 10 points, it just had me a little bit worried, as hopefully these fans got that source eg the radio show.
But just kind of worrys me, can anyone think or find out who we signed in january 2010 as that is supposedly when occured, i also seen that the qpr player was in 2009, so thats a different year.
The southampton fans was being all smug saying thats why Adkins saying we can still win the league.
I will be sooo pissed if this is true and has come up this late in year.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
OP posted at Noone so the joke's on him

1974087-vlarge.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's a new handicapping system the FL is trying out to make the league more even. We're having 10 points deducted for being too good. Sheffield Wednesday are being awarded an extra 35 points for being shite. And they'd probably still miss the play-offs...

Now that is just taking the PISS!

Wednesday should be awarded at least 45.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Its no joke on my behalf, why would i want my team to be deducted 10 points, it just had me a little bit worried, as hopefully these fans got that source eg the radio show.
But just kind of worrys me, can anyone think or find out who we signed in january 2010 as that is supposedly when occured, i also seen that the qpr player was in 2009, so thats a different year.
The southampton fans was being all smug saying thats why Adkins saying we can still win the league.

do f*** off

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I was going to dismiss this as well, till I saw on the Football League website that there is going to be an official announcement after the weekend concerning a League One club. Investigations are ongoing apparently, and there was mention of some kind of sanction being put in place, but 'not until the full investigation has run its course' or something. I'm keeping an eye on the Albions official website for a statement, we should hear something from the club today or tomorrow.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I was going to dismiss this as well, till I saw on the Football League website that there is going to be an official announcement after the weekend concerning a League One club. Investigations are ongoing apparently, and there was mention of some kind of sanction being put in place, but 'not until the full investigation has run its course' or something. I'm keeping an eye on the Albions official website for a statement, we should hear something from the club today or tomorrow.

Can't find this - could you post a link, please?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If we and Southampton win they will increase the deduction by 3points, if Southampton lose and we win then they will increase the deduction to 6 points is what I heard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here