Brighton 1 - Liverpool 2. Post match (Liverpool views)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Brighton looked quite good, seems like they'll be promoted very soon.

Brighton have got a very good chance of going up this season and would rather see us playing teams like that than the likes of Blackburn and Stoke. ............ this is my fav !!!

Credit to Brighton, well done. If they continue with that kind of footy - hope they go up.

Tough game, should have been out of sight in the first half but credit to Brighton, they look a quality side.

we were awful at times especially in the second half. Brighton had a 61-39% for most of the second half it would appear.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I wouldn't want to be contributing to some sort of love in but the Bindippers played some good stuff during the 90 minutes. We had 2/3 of the second half and I reckon they had about the same in the first.

Feb 14, 2010
There are some soft people on here. Couldn't give a monkeys what the scousers (or the Liverpool fans from Battersea) think.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I was speaking to a Liverpool fan at the train station, he said we played great and should be going up this season he also said it was the best atmosphere away from home this season.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
There are some soft people on here. Couldn't give a monkeys what the scousers (or the Liverpool fans from Battersea) think.

Don't read the thread then - pretty obvious what it is about! :facepalm:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Liverpool fan put this on youtube stuck it on Brighton Liverpool thread but this ones more relevant

Top respect to the Brighton boys.

Their future is looking awesome. If I were a Brighton fan, I'd be well excited about the future. New stadium that is MINT. A very, very, very good manager in Gus Poyet. A fan base that is ever-swelling & increasing. Good owners & a team of players who play attractive, classy football.

Your future is limitless. Let it take you where you want.

Good luck in the league lads.

Hopefully we will get to play one another in the Premier League next season.

YNWA

comfortablynumb1975x

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I met up with a scouse mate after the game. He was very impressed with Brighton, the stadium and the atmosphere. He thought we'd walk the Championship (I did point out that there were some other decent teams around and the Champ was no cake-walk). He was particularly gobsmacked about the bar being open afterwards, getting decent beer and seeing away supporters mingling with the home fans.

We had a few drinks and then I put him on a bus to his hotel in Kemp Town ... (snigger)

Lush

Mods' Pet
I like this comment from their message board:

"What a shame Bellamy has to be a total nutter. He must walk round screaming at parked cars

He was literally kicking off for no reason at some points."

:D

SouthCoastShankly

Sep 20, 2011
Great game last night, was fortunate enough to have a hospitality ticket for the game.

From a Liverpool perspective I never felt Brighton could beat us. Not because of the level of quality but purely because it seemed in the first half you gave us far too much respect. The amount of time offered to Suarez, Bellamy and Kuyt allowed them to pass for fun at times. That said the tempo changed in the second half and you had some great chances. Bellamy loves to play the villain, but that aside he was quality last night. The free-kick was extra-special.

I thought the woodwork played a blinder all game!

All in all great stadium, great support, great atmosphere. I truly hope you go on and beat Leeds on Friday.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I went to the game with about 12 Reds and was not really surprised by their reaction. They loved the ground, the football and were surprised at how much vocal support BHA had.
LFC are in two minds over a new Anfield mainly because of the possible loss of atmosphere. The lads I was with were well impressed by the noise Brighton generated.
They hit the post three times, but scored once. We didn't look that nervous considering, but we we're excellent and I was really proud. Most of my lot know my dilemma but I got no sh@t but loads of respect.
I think we showed the masses that we play good attractive, have a go football that has legs.
Fantastic night, fair result. Roll on Leeds!

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
As I explained in a previous thread when I was looking for tickets for last nights game, I follow Liverpool home and away, my mum supports Brighton and we both went last night....so, heres my thoughts anyway....in no particular order

The Amex is a superb ground, but its in the middle of nowhere and needs more happening around it, pubs, places to eat, etc.....although I know you have countered that by having ale on sale in the ground

The game panned out roughly how I thought it would, Liverpool had that extra bit of quality which is no surprise, but Brighton played good football and had a good go...

I did a lap of the ground before the game, it really is a brilliant stadium, gotta reiterate that, anyway, some of the birds who work in the hospitality bit are fit, one especially I fell in love with...

The traffic is a joke as are the queues for buses etc

The atmosphere was good, as good as you could expect for a third round league cup tie anyway

I think Brighton will come close to going up this year, you're quick going forward and skilful also....

An enjoyable day out all in all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports