Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bridge Car Park

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I'm so glad that I park at the uni car park now, because it actually moves. Used to hate trying to get out of the bridge car park. The stewards seem clueless.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What gets me is the amount of utter ***** that cannot seem to park inside a bay, Some dickhead in a 4x4 was half into my bay and I couldn't open the rear door far enough to get my daughter in her car seat without bashing into your door, sorry about that but learn how to park properly next time.

As for getting out, it did take a very long time, I was only about 15th in the queue on my side but it still took almost an hour.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I left the game after clapping them off...walked down to the virgin club, sat in my car for 1 and a half hours before we eventually moved and it took about 20 minutes to get the village way. Nearly had my front of the car taken off by a director of the club who wanted to roar out of the car park as fast as he could and forced me and a few other cars to hit the anchors pretty smartish

Steward said it was the worst traffic chaos he had seen and said it was because the police made coaches stop on the other side of the road and it was dangerous for fans crossing...so they closed village way for 20 to 30 minutes. The steward thought that if the police chose to repeat this, the jams will be horrendous especially evening games.

in all the years at the Amex, that was the worst I have seen it!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Used to hate trying to get out of the bridge car park. The stewards seem clueless.

Many's the time the car park has had to empty by itself with no stewards whatsoever.

After the match yesterday I went to get a second round of drinks from the WSU concourse. There were 7 staff manning the tills and another lad wiping down the surfaces with only me at the counter, but the beer pourer had disappeared so I had to wait 3-4 minutes for someone to pour the beers. The problem seems to be managing the staff to do the tasks required.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I call Bullshit, you left on 80 minutes, admit it.. We left bang on the final whistle, North Stand west side so straight out. Very fast walk to the car park. I was parked virtually by the fecking exit...... 45 minutes to get out, so God knows how long it took others further away.

Anyway I only drove due to no trains from Haywards Heath, never again will I put myself through that car park, will park in Lewes next time. I am planning to write to Barber tomorrow, the club needs to be aware of this fiasco, if more do the same they might look into it.

I am sure that Paul Barber, and the club, are already completely aware of this ;"fiasco" as you call it, but I fear that there is only so much that the club can do. With so many people not trusting the rail replacement buses something close to a record number decided to drive to the game. What probably made the situation even worse was the number of coaches that Southampton brought to the game, filling the coach park, and leaving many parked up on Village way limiting access.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I walk past every game and it is a fiasco--dangerous even when the stewards -mostly younger ones stand and watch while pedestrians and cars try to navigate the tunnel , they really need some leadership before the worse happens , any who has witnessed it knows its true and scary-especially the prats constantly revving their engines --just one slip of clutch .....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
How about directing all traffic to turn left before the bridge/tunnel that is going into Brighton and route it through the housing estate. All traffic for Coldean Lane exits via the Tunnel. Pedestrian lights are installed at the end of the walkway that break up the constant flow at peak time and for a few minutes completely blocks any movement out of the car pack.
Downsides.....
1) Residents not that happy with a lot more traffic, albeit, not for a great period of time.
2) Build up of pedestrians on the walkway.
3) Stewarding required.
The main issue is the incredible pressure point at the Tunnel at peak times. The huge flow of pedestrians that probably covers 10-15 mins, results in little or no vehicular movement at that time. By re-routing some traffic away from the Tunnel or restricting the pedestrian flow, you may get some relief.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I walk past every game and it is a fiasco--dangerous even when the stewards -mostly younger ones stand and watch while pedestrians and cars try to navigate the tunnel , they really need some leadership before the worse happens , any who has witnessed it knows its true and scary-especially the prats constantly revving their engines --just one slip of clutch .....

I agree with this. Having one car park exit with the top car park also flowing past that exit, one tunnel exit and long traffic lights just beyond that point are facts of life but the marshalling is very wishy washy and unstructured. It looks so reactive. If I'm paying £13 a game to park then I expect to see better marshalling than this.

The club would do well to mount a camera in high and film the whole thing, then see how the traffic flows in the car park and devise a marshalling programme to deal with Category A transport matches like Southampton and the London clubs that always bring a lot of motor traffic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here