Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge car park

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Can you pay ''on the gate''...and is it normally full?...thinking i might treat myself to a shorter walk today

Dont think so although if you buy on line you might be able to produce an e-mail as proof. Best check with the ticket office.

Don't think its ever more than about 75% full, always seems loads of space when I use it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes you can - £13 - and no it doesn't get full, maybe 90% tops.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Need a quick getaway tomorrow and contemplating The Wayne Bridge Car Park...

Any regular users comment on how easy/quick it is to get out afterwards. Hope to leave WS on final whistle, walk swiftly down and then not be delayed more than 10-15 minutes getting out of car park and away towards the A23... is that realistic?

Info welcome.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
park as near to the railway tunnel as you can. Normally we get there 20 minutes to half an hour after the final whistle and are able to drive straight out. The further back you go the longer it will take to get out.. If you want the A27 go back up past the stadium and turn round rather than the 270 towards town then coldean lane which takes three times longer!

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Where is the car park? ;)

Assuming your coming from the West, (Goring?) get off the A27 at the Asda exit, follow the road up and then down Coldean Lane till the lights at the bottom. Turn left and keep to the right hand lane. At the next set of lights turn right under the bypass and straight ahead to the small bridge entrance where the stewards will check your parking ticket and let you through. If your paying on the day they let you drive up to the car park entrance when they will take your dosh.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Used it before , little while to get out due to the tunnel but not to bad. Booked it for the palace game as it is so early and don't want to have to deal with the trains on a Sunday .

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Any regular users comment on how easy/quick it is to get out afterwards. Hope to leave WS on final whistle, walk swiftly down and then not be delayed more than 10-15 minutes getting out of car park and away towards the A23... is that realistic?

Info welcome.

That is a realistic option , tho you might get caught up in the turning right into Coldean lane

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That is a realistic option , tho you might get caught up in the turning right into Coldean lane
Thanks. Would you agree with Severnside's advice about going back up past the Amex and turning round...? Also, re. the advice to park as near as possible to the tunnel - is that something one has a choice about or is it simply to do with arrival time? (we have 5 yr old MG Midget in tow so won't be very early...)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Thanks. Would you agree with Severnside's advice about going back up past the Amex and turning round...? Also, re. the advice to park as near as possible to the tunnel - is that something one has a choice about or is it simply to do with arrival time? (we have 5 yr old MG Midget in tow so won't be very early...)

early is best but if you leave at the whistle I would lay odds you will be out quickly. There is a phone number on today's pre match briefing email if you want to pay for your parking by phone before you go. And I promise you want to avoid Coldean Lane at all costs when leacing. Going back past the amex rhere is no traffic and you are back round on the A27 headed towards the A23 in a couple of minutes instead of queuing all the way up the hill.

I didnt think the exit was near the tunnel

the entrance/exit IS the bridge tunnel

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Info welcome.

well if you got your quick getaway I sure hope you didnt hit the tailback on the M23!
Took us 2 hours just to get past the acvident at Crawley and 5 hours to get home :(

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

Info welcome.

How did you get on getting away?

Ive just bought a parking space in the Bridge car park for Saturdays game as my Lad has a late kick off in his football in the morning. I've never used it before, usually use Mill Road but we'll be arriving about 2:15 ish so figured this to be a better option.

We also need to get away after the game pretty quickly so how was it this week?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
How did you get on getting away?

Ive just bought a parking space in the Bridge car park for Saturdays game as my Lad has a late kick off in his football in the morning. I've never used it before, usually use Mill Road but we'll be arriving about 2:15 ish so figured this to be a better option.

We also need to get away after the game pretty quickly so how was it this week?

I think if you want to get away quickly you should leave a minute or two from the end or move pretty smartish at the final whistle.

I took my grandson last Saturday for his first Amex experience and we stayed past the final whistle to let the crowds disperse. We didn't drive out the Bridge Car park until almost 5:30. Normally I leave when the injury time board goes up, (unless were pressing for a winner), and I'm normally out the car park before 5pm and home in Mile Oak by about 5:20.

I think next year I'm going back to the University Car Park for the season as its a bit nearer and I seemed to get away pretty much straight away every game.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I think if you want to get away quickly you should leave a minute or two from the end or move pretty smartish at the final whistle.

I took my grandson last Saturday for his first Amex experience and we stayed past the final whistle to let the crowds disperse. We didn't drive out the Bridge Car park until almost 5:30. Normally I leave when the injury time board goes up, (unless were pressing for a winner), and I'm normally out the car park before 5pm and home in Mile Oak by about 5:20.

I think next year I'm going back to the University Car Park for the season as its a bit nearer and I seemed to get away pretty much straight away every game.

Thanks for this, so after the game we're talking about 20 minutes or so to get out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here