Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge Car Park vs University Car Park

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great idea, I've just done the same.
You could have had mine.

Even money I forget all about it, and drive straight to Mill Road.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I doubt I'll use mine for Wolves either.

If anybody wants a parking voucher for Wolves that is also going to Leeds on Saturday let me know. Given that I'm a bloke, sourcing an envelope AND a stamp between now and next week is highly unlikely. Although buy me a drink at Elland Road and it's yours.

* if I remember it

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If they are taking another 600 spaces in the Uni (and there's certainly space in there I think) then make that 601 available as I definitely won't renew mine, it'll be a nightmare

Asked Insider, capacity not increasing so should be OK

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Uni works for me. We arrive about 2 or soon after so always end up being directed to 2 but ignore this and head for 1. Ten min walk to the ground and then a choice of left or right after the game. Saturday was a shambles. Empty car parks, forced onto a grassed area right at the top of the site, stewarding all over the place. Needs sorting before other open days but this the exception rather than the rule.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yes I'm thinking the Uni could be the winner here. all the problems seem to be with coldean lane. When we have used the bridge car park we have been turning right and going past the amex and turning round onto the A27 rather than fighting up coldean lane, in theory with the new parking restrictions this might be a bit easier next season though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The uni walk is a long one if in car park 1 walking reasonably quickly, it takes me, my brother and my two boys about ten minutes I'd say. And they've started putting cars up the hill on grass as well for some reason. After the match Saturday, one bloke complained to me that he was in a further field than the one I'd parked in. He'd got there at 1 I'd got there at 2 but his reward was a worse spot.

Incidentally, last year the renewals for the car park were in June/July, are they earlier then this year?

This was a one off last week for a Uni Open Day, car park 1 & grass for Uni only, that bloke was so early they pointed him the wrong way or he must look like a soap dodger

Jul 7, 2003
So have renewal messages for the parking permits been sent out?

I currently lift share with another family and we use the Uni car park but not heard anything from the club (not that they bothered to contact me about my season ticket either!)

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had my renewal on Friday. Just now waiting on the club to give some assurance that they will sort the arrangements on open days before I renew.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Farm Shop Car Park works the best of all!

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I have been in the Uni car park this season and going for the Bridge next. I have two youngsters and think the walk is going to be a bit more fun for them (more supporters/better atmosphere), if not quite as quick.

I head East along the A27 after the game and the Uni car park has been hit and miss. Sometimes it's five minutes to the A27, other times forty-five. One other thing about getting back to the Uni car park is that you have to fight your way over the railway bridge at Falmer, which if the stewards haven't done their job can take a good half hour.

I'm hoping that by the time we've sauntered down to the Bridge car park most of the hardcore early-leavers will have gone so it'll be pretty quick. If not I'll be on the 'phone to the AmEX come October begging to swap back!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here