Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge Car Park last night

The bloke in charge at the bridge last night said that there was a considerably larger nos of cars turn up. I park at the Academy because I work there but even that was over-flowing. The bloke reconed there were 1k cars between the two car parks! I'll be checking to see if the academy gets any bangers for this parking!!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I parked at the Bridge car park last night. It took me about 2 hours to drive down from north London and 30 mins to do the last half mile or so into the car park. Soooo slow for them to handle the cars. Got in late to the game. Oh well

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
There appeared to be 5 Yellow jacketers on duty at the bridge last night as opposed to the normal 2. That probably explains the extended entrance and exit time

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes, us too if it was the Ipswich fan fairly close to the bottom of the car park. His mate was out of the car to guide him out, we had been waiting for twenty minutes or so, stationary, and for some reason he thought he should just turn up and reverse straight out. He also had 3 children packed into the back of his estate. Reminded me of the 70's lol!

Surely this says more about the fans who wouldn't let him out. The couple of times I've used the Bridge, I've been amazed by the cussed refusal of anyone to let anyone else out which is why I wouldn't use it now. Unless you actually force yourself across someone's bumper, no bu**er will you out. Unlike Mill Rd P & R where everyone politely lets other cars reverse in to the upward traffic flow.

D

Deleted User X18H

Some bloke was being turfed out of the UNI Car park about 7:25 . Steward told him he had a false badge or some such thing

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Surely this says more about the fans who wouldn't let him out. The couple of times I've used the Bridge, I've been amazed by the cussed refusal of anyone to let anyone else out which is why I wouldn't use it now. Unless you actually force yourself across someone's bumper, no bu**er will you out. Unlike Mill Rd P & R where everyone politely lets other cars reverse in to the upward traffic flow.
Not really IMO. We'd waited for twenty minutes, he'd turned up and although no-one moved for another 5, expected to be let straight out.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It was a disaster and I will be writing to the club with a few suggestions...the system of selling more spaces than are actually available seems a tad daft ...missed first 15 mins last night because of it

PS anyone know Paul Barbers email addy ...not too sure I have much confidence in the Transport Manager judging by comments I've seen on here.

I can't understand how this can happen. If for example, there are 500 spaces and the club knows that 200 are season ticket holders, then you have 300 on a first come first served basis. Afterall the club has had the cash for the 200 season ticket holders irrespective. IF they are then chancing their arm and selling more, then that is very greedy and immoral. I say IF, because that may of course not be the case. Last year, we rocked up at the Bridge, a chap on the gate said that the club did not give him enough change, and he could not change a £20.00 note, so let us in without offering a ticket for £10.00. I did email the club with my suspicions and they were, to their credit, quick to reply asking for full details.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't understand how this can happen. If for example, there are 500 spaces and the club knows that 200 are season ticket holders, then you have 300 on a first come first served basis. Afterall the club has had the cash for the 200 season ticket holders irrespective. IF they are then chancing their arm and selling more, then that is very greedy and immoral. I say IF, because that may of course not be the case. Last year, we rocked up at the Bridge, a chap on the gate said that the club did not give him enough change, and he could not change a £20.00 note, so let us in without offering a ticket for £10.00. I did email the club with my suspicions and they were, to their credit, quick to reply asking for full details.

I'm told that it doesn't happen....and I guess as a rule that's correct ....but to my mind last night it did..there were no spaces left in the 'overflow' which left me and several others parked up on the slip road...partly on the pavement and facing the wrong way...and you know what it's like getting out of that car park...I was told not to bother coming back for at least 45 mins after kick off ..I chose to ignore that advice and to a stewards credit he stopped the traffic to let me do a you turn and get out probably earlier than I would have in normal circumstances.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Train travel from London up the Swanee, so many train users (both Albion and Ipswich fans) would have driven instead and therefore used the Park and Ride.

Bigger crowd (nearly 28,000) than usual for evening game.

We lost, so many fans didn't stay behind for a celebration beer.

And probably a million other reasons that I can't think of at the moment, because I'm hoping and praying that we get back to winning ways against Wolves on Friday!

If it's on Sky I fear the worst.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm told that it doesn't happen....and I guess as a rule that's correct ....but to my mind last night it did..there were no spaces left in the 'overflow' which left me and several others parked up on the slip road...partly on the pavement and facing the wrong way...and you know what it's like getting out of that car park...I was told not to bother coming back for at least 45 mins after kick off ..I chose to ignore that advice and to a stewards credit he stopped the traffic to let me do a you turn and get out probably earlier than I would have in normal circumstances.

Well if there were no spaces for you and you're a season ticket holder for the car park then they oversold. I got a tciket at the car park at avotu 730 with a long queue beihnd me

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

Why didn't you turn around on arrival, i was also parked on the access road initially the wrong way but decided to u-turn and face the right way whilst there was no traffic about. Much easier and enabled a quick getaway at the end.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why didn't you turn around on arrival, i was also parked on the access road initially the wrong way but decided to u-turn and face the right way whilst there was no traffic about. Much easier and enabled a quick getaway at the end.

Because at the time there were several vehicles behind me and I was kinda in a hurry to see a football match and as I said it wasn't a problem getting away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here