Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge car park!!! F*****g joke!!!!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Used it today for the first time as I got fed up with waiting for the train.

Ok by me, left the game at the final whistle, stopped off in WSL (I watched the game in 1901 'Heineken Lounge' don't you know) to meet a mate, who had decided to meet me in the north...after much texting left to get back to the carpark. Queued for 18 minutes to get out and we had parked right at the bottom.

Fine by me.

termy46

Feb 26, 2010
Keep the receipt (if there is one). Hopefully you'll get some money back.

That's not an acceptable time to wait when you've paid that much to park there.

Do behave.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
Well I've just stepped in the door (I live in Eastbourne) and can't reiterate too much that I WON'T BE PARKING THERE AGAIN!!!

And no I don't intend to leave 3/5/7 minutes early from the game. I've paid my monies and I'm sure gonna stay 'til the end.

Back to good ol' reliable, quality, cheap Southern Rail. (said with utmost sarcasm)

PS - in a strange way I enjoyed the game tonight....

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Well I've just stepped in the door (I live in Eastbourne) and can't reiterate too much that I WON'T BE PARKING THERE AGAIN!!!

And no I don't intend to leave 3/5/7 minutes early from the game. I've paid my monies and I'm sure gonna stay 'til the end.

Back to good ol' reliable, quality, cheap Southern Rail. (said with utmost sarcasm)

You should have stuck with the train. My son is at Uni in Eastbourne. We stayed until the final whistle, got down to the station straight onto the platform and the first train in was 22:14 Eastbourne train. I got off at Lewes but he was back in Eastbourne by 11.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've parked there every game since it opened and last night was the worst delays I've had there. I always have a drink after the match on the concourse to let the traffic clear and did that last night but it didn't make any difference. After sitting in the car for 15 mins without moving I basically weaved back up to the top and was out in less than 3 mins.

As has been detailed above, the problem can be solved by effective traffic direction. I passed 3 stewards next to the bridge doing **** all debating which team's song was I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles. Two of those staff should have been deployed in the car park with walkie talkies sorting out the mess. If the club want PLR then charging £15 for this Keystone Cops operation has to change.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sat in the north end of the ESU for the first time nice view tried to get the crowd going they looked at me if I was wierd at 85 mins it was a rush for the door I understand why fans do this however it's great when we score a late goal ! I am a believer that you stay to the end the game could of gone either way and with extra 4 minutes added time they miss over 9 minutes of play. It is more difficult I know for evening games but saturday matches I don't see why!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That car park wasn't there in the first season at The Amex, so everyone parking there who came in that first season made alternative arrangements. Since then parking restrictions have been brought in, so people can't go back to parking in Coldean/Moulsecoomb.

The point is with these sorts of delay you'd be quicker walking the extra 15 mins to Coldean than sitting in The Bridge for half an hour. And paying £15 for the privilege makes it the steepest parking charge outside of Gatwick / Heathrow. The club have a problem now and they need to sort it, because delays getting in and out will mean people will go back to taking their chances in residential areas.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I used the Uni car park for the first year and swopped to the Bridge last season. Absolute nightmare for most games, the worse being the play off match against Palace when I was stuck in the Bridge until gone 11pm surrounded by Palace supporters. :rant:

This season I've gone back to the Uni and its great. Last night I stayed till the final whistle, left the ground at about 9:55, hot footed it over the railway bridge and was back home in Mile Oak at 10:16 according to my car clock. :smile:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

That may be linked to the fact it was a bloody good game?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That car park wasn't there in the first season at The Amex, so everyone parking there who came in that first season made alternative arrangements. Since then parking restrictions have been brought in, so people can't go back to parking in Coldean/Moulsecoomb.

The point is with these sorts of delay you'd be quicker walking the extra 15 mins to Coldean than sitting in The Bridge for half an hour. And paying £15 for the privilege makes it the steepest parking charge outside of Gatwick / Heathrow. The club have a problem now and they need to sort it, because delays getting in and out will mean people will go back to taking their chances in residential areas.

i pay a fiver to park in someones driveway in Coldean....worth every penny

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
Parked at Mithras and was back at the car in twenty mins , missing the downpour and didn't leave early.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Some Eastbourne residents park in Seaford (all free) and jump on the train (all free)

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We've used the Bridge car park 3 times now. Hang around after the game for half an hour and it'll be pretty easy getting out.
Used it last night because Eastbourne trains were up the creek & only took about 10 minutes to out and on the A27.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Leave 10 mins early or stay an hour in the concourses, these are the only options to avoid the stress. Look on the bright side though, how would you be feeling right now if we'd lost :smile:

The transport at Falmer could be improved in so many simple ways. Without spending any extra money

We've been through this before, but unfortunately until those who make the decisions actually try using the system, they won't solve the problems.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Sat in the north end of the ESU for the first time nice view tried to get the crowd going they looked at me if I was wierd

I am convinced there are two dead people in front of our lot in East Upper North End.
When Albion scored these two oldies (older than me anyway)looked like they had been embalmed---not a fecking flicker of life.
They are new fans? this season ----- shirley the cleaners would notice them an bag em up-------------whats the point:mad:

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
I left on 87, walked at casual pace down there and got straight out, no queue. Missed three minutes for the sake of a 30 min wait.

That way of thinking is just beyond me. What if we had scored a great late goal? What's the point in coming at all if you're not going to watch it all? Stay and have a drink man!

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Sat in the north end of the ESU for the first time nice view tried to get the crowd going they looked at me if I was wierd

I am convinced there are two dead people in front of our lot in East Upper North End.
When Albion scored these two oldies (older than me anyway)looked like they had been embalmed---not a fecking flicker of life.
They are new fans? this season ----- shirley the cleaners would notice them an bag em up-------------whats the point:mad:

Im sure your charm , wit and banter will soon see em off (me and the boy do enjoy your rants ) :thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that people in the Bridge car park are asking for stewards to help the flow. Over at the University, they now have stewards at Car Park 1 to 'manage' the flow and all they seem to have done is to make it twice as slow to get out as it was before they started interfering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here