Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge/Bruno as wingers

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
After our third poor result at home, with Buckley just recovering from injury and Kaz only really effective for the last 20 mins, I would like to see how either Bridge or Bruno would work as wingers, with Calderon taking the vacant place at the back, all three are good attacking players and can play in decent balls, plus you get the benefit that if they have to drop back/ or changed formation after taking the lead, they are great defenders.
It was so negative to start with no wingers and we looked like the away team coming for a draw, until, as usual it was too late and we chucked the kitchen sink at it for the last 25 mins.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Are you really saying that playing Bruno or Bridge ahead of David Lopez, Barnes or Orlandi is a more offensive move? Deary me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I wouldn't change the defence as this is one of the strengths of the squad. However, it was interesting playing bridcutt in there and having Hammond in the hole in front of the defence once el abd went off. That seemed to work.

Looking back on Saturday, to be fair a bit of luck and we would have had 5.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Crazy idea but I do believe that sometimes a winger in front of the attacking full back can limit his effectiveness. They have to learn how to play together. Lua Lua seems to have difficulty in that his role limits Bridge.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
After our third poor result at home, with Buckley just recovering from injury and Kaz only really effective for the last 20 mins, I would like to see how either Bridge or Bruno would work as wingers, with Calderon taking the vacant place at the back, all three are good attacking players and can play in decent balls, plus you get the benefit that if they have to drop back/ or changed formation after taking the lead, they are great defenders.
It was so negative to start with no wingers and we looked like the away team coming for a draw, until, as usual it was too late and we chucked the kitchen sink at it for the last 25 mins.

Good idea - lets put CMS in goal and kuszczak up front - get gus to try on champ manager on his computer first though just incase its a really bad idea :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here