Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Saving this. Can't wait to prove you wrong, seems like a running theme here.

Vicente was a waste of wages,
Poyet was a total tosser,
Barnes is crap,
We should have got a manager with championship experience( although I am still behind Garcia, just)
Crofts will be like a new player this season,

Tell me, where do I get so much wrong. Granted you can't hit the bullseye every time. But i'm not very often outside the middle ring. Well not as much as some on here like to make out.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
For the record, I hope I am wrong. I really do, this injury is dragging on a bit isn't it??????

Yep makes you wonder, are we keeping our prize asset warm for someone, barring ulloa poor pre season prep hasn't helped with players not knowing what's happening causing a slackness which wouldn't of happened if certain person hadn't spat his dummy out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Er yeah, OK then. Because players who haven t played for months are going to be right at the top of their value aren't they?

What a load of shit.

This.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can see a 5 or 6m bid coming in from Sunderland in Jan. Gus needs him desperately. We need to plan for life without him.

Selling him for 5m would mean that making those plans would be very easy.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm not convinced he will fit in well with Oscar's faster-breaking game anyway. Obviously I don't KNOW but I doubt we'll see Liam play more than half a dozen times more for us.

Dec 29, 2011
I'm not convinced he will fit in well with Oscar's faster-breaking game anyway. Obviously I don't KNOW but I doubt we'll see Liam play more than half a dozen times more for us.

Just thinking Bridcutt is probably one of the few players that seem will fit in Oscars style of play, with Orlandi being the other obvious choice.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
£6m? We'll be lucky to get £3m for him. He's a terrific player but no way we'd get that sort of money for a defensive midfielder.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Is Bridcutt's injury a hernia?
On FL Show last night there was a player returning from a hernia - I think they said a few days after the operation.

I'm no surgeon, are there varying degrees of hernia? Some that are small and fix in a few days and others that take upwards of 3 months to fix?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
On FL Show last night there was a player returning from a hernia - I think they said a few days after the operation.

I'm no surgeon, are there varying degrees of hernia? Some that are small and fix in a few days and others that take upwards of 3 months to fix?

God knows. I've been asking if anyone has heard when he'll be likely to return. Can't find anything on Seagull player. Getting pissed off myself with the whole thing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Initial injury requiring the op was a hernia. If it was the usual sportsman's hernia it should've taken 4/5 weeks to recover. Reports are that he's aggravate an old hip injury as well which is the cause of the delay.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

In a (probably futile) attempt to add some facts into the discussion (or at least what has been reported by the official site and Argus in recent months), this is the history of Bridcutt's injury status:-

He was withdrawn from the Scotland squad in early June with what was reported as a groin injury. He had been dealing with this during the closing month of the Championship campaign, specifically the last 4 matches, when he was having pain-killing injections). A few years ago he had had a stress fracture to his pubis that may have been a contributory factor.

On June 26 it was reported he had taken the opportunity to have surgery on an old foot injury; he had had the right-ankle issue for about 7 years. He had a bit of bone removed to free up movement in his ankle.

He then picked up a hernia and had surgery on August 13. During his recovery he aggravated the pubic bone injury. The Argus reported on October 4 that Bridcutt hoped to resume running "next week".

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Vicente was a waste of wages,
Poyet was a total tosser,
Barnes is crap,
We should have got a manager with championship experience( although I am still behind Garcia, just)
Crofts will be like a new player this season,

Tell me, where do I get so much wrong. Granted you can't hit the bullseye every time. But i'm not very often outside the middle ring. Well not as much as some on here like to make out.

Link us to the actual quotes - we can all type things out and claim we've said them :wink:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think most people on here know I said all those things, plus a few that have been wrong.

Be that as it may, do it for the rest of us - y'know, to be sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here