Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Transfer Speculation - The Definitive Opinion Poll

Is Liam Bridcutt moving on?

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not to Sunderland, but he'll go this window. £4M. Good luck to him, he deserves his chance in the Prem.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think we should let him go (if there is an offer there worth taking).

I've been impressed with Ince this season, and perhaps he and Andrews can work well together. If we get 4 million then that would be great. But let's do the business early in the window and settle everything down as soon as we can.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm not suggesting that Wearside is a sh*t hole. What I am suggesting is that I am not convinced that Bridders partner ( and they have been together some time ) will be won over by the extra money factor when they are so far away from friends and family. Brighton to Reading...not too bad. Sunderland to Reading !!!!

You didn't, but many others have , and continue to do so on the other thread. I do think that fans over egg the importance of geography to a player - Career and money appears to generally come first, these are young, mobile people. Also, we live in a small country where no city is THAT far, I doubt that Reading is more than 5 hours from the Sunderland area.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) Have they made bids?
2) He's not married, and the countryside in Northumbria is beautiful, not too far to drive into work each day.
3) Still all to play for, possibly West Ham, Fulham, & Palace.
4) Bennett has had a long term injury and is only just got back to training.
5) He's not guaranteed first team football with us either.
6) Contracts are for the length of the term, there are no relegation clauses cutting wages, confirmed by Paul Barber which is why there are parachute payments.
7) There is still a chance but why would we guarantee him first team football?
8) Who knows? He's doing a lot better than Di Canio, that's for sure.

Ok..you've given me a right ol' machine-gunning there.
1) Don't know if any bids have been made. Only interest expressed. Feel that Gus is trying to railroad a deal through before anyone
else jumps on board.
2) Apologies...partner ( for some time ) Not sure if she will be too enamoured with the mileage between Northumbria and Berkshire/Sussex.
3) Fulham and Palace will definitely finish above Sunderland...more experienced management and will score more goals.
4) Fair play...but Norwich contacts have remarked on his lack of physicality.
5) Still think he is more likely to start most games as Ince lacks experience.
6) I'll take your word for that. An agent told me recently that relegation clauses were still in effect at some clubs. I must have misunderstood him and he was referring to lower divisions.
7) We wouldn't.
8) At the moment. Time will tell.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I really hope he doesnt go this month.......as then 66% of people (so far) will have badly got it wrong and it kind of shows how easily led by a crap rumour and a Sky Sports article with no concrete evidence people are.

Do you really think that all the people who think Bridcutt is going to leave in this window are gullible enough to base their opinion purely on a sky sports article and a crap rumour?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well there isnt any real proof of anything actually happening......

There's nothing to say things are not happening behind the scenes either, The club are good at keeping a wall of silence until transfers are confirmed.

Sunderland is a dump to live in also I'm 99% certain they will go down I really think we have a great chance for the play offs .. Only problem I see is wages he could double it ... He shouldn't go just to be reunited with Gus I think Gus will chuck toys out the pram and walk leaving poor Liam in a shit hole in the championship .

...To return to us at a heavily discounted price in a couple of seasons time a la Crofts???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sunderland are going down pretty much whatever they do. There are not 3 worse teams in the prem.

Interesting quote from the Bridcutt thread on Sunderland's messageboard. It's in answer to how well Gus is doing for them so far:

"If the season began since Poyet came in we would actually be in 10th place on team form!"

I still think Gus will keep them up.

Link to thread here: www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bridcutt.858254/page-4

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
As good as he is, Garcia has us playing better attacking football when he isn't in the side.

He doesn't want to stay, he's said it before in not so many words.
So, if he wants to go, then bye bye.

It's a shit move as we will pass them in May.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
After this fiasco of the handing in of a transfer request, he can go to Sunderland and they must pay up the valuation, I really hope they do come down in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here