Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt today

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bridders was 2nd to Ash for MOM .. lets hope no scouts were watching though because he would fit into any top team at the moment and i mean teams in the PL top 6

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hold on to him easily in Jan, but summer he'll surely be gone for big-ish money (DM after all) to a Prem team unless we've at least made play-offs.

for 4M we do have JFC waiting but much MUCH much rather hold onto him. Best DM we've had outside the top tier?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had we won today the ITV highlights would have been all about LB and how he stopped Arsenal.

Silver linings and all that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Great performance. After the game he was outside the ground signing autographs and posing for photos with the kids. Legend.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Definitely my MoM yesterday. Class performance and so consistent.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
So true granny. How he wasn't mom is beyond me. Can only assume that Brighton fans are just so used to him playing that well that they now take it for granted. And on the subject of mom, today's was a joke. Can think of 6 better performers than El-Abd.

Unfortunately, it is a "corporate" award isn't it? I thought DibDab was a liability, and far from our best player.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
For all those who cannot see why we need to get promotion ASAP, read this thread.

Yes, we have come a long way, but we now have a handfull of players that we will only keep by going up. Bridcutt and Buckley being the main two, but youngsers like Barnes will be on someone's radar as well.

Sep 4, 2012
Brighton
I think the quality of opposition yesterday made the performance all the more impressive. Inevitable he will have a two game ban due to 10 yellows soon, will be interesting how we cope without him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He dominated the midfield (again) until Wiltshire came on. I can see them being the England midfield partnership in a few years time if he continues to improve (under us), and Hodgson is replaced by someone who knows what they're doing of course.
There is NO chance he'll go in January but we damn well better make the play-offs . . . .

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Don't get hung up on MoM. It's only the sponsors man of the match and they could be friendly with the player concerned or could be their kids favourite player.

Bridcutt was indeed the best player on the pitch for us. But we don't want to advertise the fact. Roll on Thursday at 23.00 hrs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It should be:-

'Today's Albion man of the match, not called Liam Bridcutt, is...'

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bridders was bloody majestic yesterday - as he usually is. I'm concerned we'll lose him to one of the 'big guns' in the Summer (particularly if we don't go up), but I'll just make the most of one of the finest young defensive midfielders I've seen in a very long time. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here