Bridcutt to.. Scotland?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Bit of a non-story, but just stumbled across this article..

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/sport/levein-s-all-set-to-pick-up-seagull-1.1131859

Apparently Liam is eligible to play for Scotland, and Craig Levein has been made aware (probably via CMS). Whether he'll actually get a call up or not, I've no idea, but..

Now I know it's a long way of, should he commit if he gets approached, OR would it be worth waiting on the off chance of an England call up in the future? Extremely unlikely I'll admit, but we do have a real lack of good, young, tactically aware holding midfielders coming through. He's like gold-dust in this country, and could well see the benefits if/once he becomes an established PL player.

Thoughts?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Play for scotland regularly for 10 years or dont play international football for 10 years on the hope of a lone england cap? I know which one I'd take.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
When it's a simple choice laid out in-front of him like that, agree it's obvious. However it's hugely dependent on his progression, profile, competition within the squad etc - so it'll never be that straightforward. Could also be the difference between going to a major competition or not, as well.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Some nations really are beggining to dilute their nationalism. At what point do the Scots says enough is enough?

If they had a whole team full of Englishmen whose grandparents were Scottish would they still support them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports