Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm really not convinced Sunderland need Bridcutt, I expect them to walk away soon.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I distinctly remember Gus saying live on TV that Brighton should forget about him, so it would help if he didn’t have such a fixation with us.

Still interested to see how his style of football pans out in the Prem when he gets his new signings. Steve Clarridge pointed out his flaws on the League Cup Show last night saying that Poyet’s teams are good in possession but they have trouble moving forward.

I think this is a fair statement? and I think Bridcutt will make Sunderland look more like last years us when he goes there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You've been seen Lee Catermole play football right!?

So it's Lee Cattermole or Liam Bridcutt, seems a bit of a narrow choice. I think the hassle factor may well make Gus look elsewhere if this is not sorted soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You've been seen Lee Catermole play football right!?

I have. He was (surprisingly) Sunderland's best player, when we beat them at the Amex. I think people underestimate how big the step up to the Preminer league is.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Alternatively Poyet knows we won't take any crap from him. If he wants to make cheap comments then that says more about him than The Albion. Wouldn't be entirely surprising.

Bridcutt is our employee. We are entitled to play hardball for the best deal we can get. Doesn't mean we won't sell him.

This.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Sunderland are also still pursuing Brighton's Liam Bridcutt, but Poyet would not be drawn on his chase for his former midfielder.

"No comment on that one until it's finished," he said.

"I don't want to get into anything with them right now."

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/...ss-gus-poyet-eyes-a-number-of-argentine-deals

Just to play a bit of devils advocate, you could read those comments as he doesn't want to say anything because they share the same agent and then get accused of tapping up or similar, or else that he doesn't deal with the transfer negotiations and so has nothing to say on the matter. He might also have been told by the club to say nothing that might interfere with talks

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I expect more bidders TBH.

Why more ? Ince has been performing incredibly well in his place and Bridcutt simply hasnt. Add in that he wants out to a Premier League club - why does he therefore deserve more playing time ?

Will be very, very surprised if we will reward a player who appears to be getting bigger than the club with more playing time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports