Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My impression is that it would be pointless a club offering an extra million they would need to offervirtually double to tempt TB, which they wont do realisicallyÀ

A bet you a packet of Werther's (small) that it won't be pointless. :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Poyet covering his back saying "Bridcutt putting in a transfer request is nothing to do with me"

Fecking weasel

Sounds like a child admitting guilt prior to a misdemeanour being discovered.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Poyet covering his back saying "Bridcutt putting in a transfer request is nothing to do with me"

Fecking weasel

Has he actually said that, Icy, or are you predicting the inevitable?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Basically what Bloom is saying is, "Oi Poyet, put up or shut up!" and to Liam, 'You ain't goin anywhere you little runt, until I say so!".

I'm glad at the Clubs stance on this. Brighton and Hove Albion is a different beast to the one that let Bennett go. Poyet is one that should know that the most. We don't cave in to derisory bids anymore. So why Sunderland have bid 2mil and made themselves look like Palace with their funny bids, I don't know. In fact Sunderland are now more likely to lose out on Bridcutt to another club that comes in with a sensible bid.

I would be sorry to see Liam go, he hasn't been the same player with his injuries and performances but I feel Ince should be playing with him instead of replacing Bridcutt. For me Ince is better getting forward and when you play Ince you still need a midfielder covering him and Bridcutt does that well. Infact the few games Bridcutt and Ince have played together, our midfield has looked balanced and superb. So if we are to lose Bridcutt I think it would damage our promotion push as the 2 players together might have spurred on consistent wins. With at in mind it's a 4 mill rising to 6 for me.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011

Fecking weasel

Poyet really has very little to do with it apart from wanting a player, the negotiations aren't down to him. Besides that its all part of the transfer dance or have you paid no attention to football in last 10 + years.

Club bid for player
Other club reject bid
Player hands in transfer request
Club reject request
Etc etc

See van Persie and more

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My impression is that it would be pointless a club offering an extra million they would need to offervirtually double to tempt TB, which they wont do realisically

Gus has the option to pay us the asking price and get Liam ready for the Fulham game. He wants and needs him there now.

If Gus wants him cheap we can sell him for the £2.5m on the 31st Jan if the offer hasn't improved by that time. But if he wants him now he can pay £3.5m.

We are not desperate to sell, and Gus cannot afford to wait until February?

The ball has been well and truly been hit back into Poyet's court.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poyet really has very little to do with it apart from wanting a player, the negotiations aren't down to him. Besides that its all part of the transfer dance or have you paid no attention to football in last 10 + years.

Club bid for player
Other club reject bid
Player hands in transfer request
Club reject request
Etc etc

See van Persie and more

Poyet has nothing to do with it? Are you really THAT naïve?

Poyet has turned Bridcutt's head and what you say in a rather condescending and patronising manner is true "its all part of the transfer dance or have you paid no attention to football in last 10 + years"

Clearly, but it doesn't mean that my point about Poyet being a fecking weasel isn't true.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Basically what Bloom is saying is, "Oi Poyet, put up or shut up!" and to Liam, 'You ain't goin anywhere you little runt, until I say so!".

I'm glad at the Clubs stance on this. Brighton and Hove Albion is a different beast to the one that let Bennett go. Poyet is one that should know that the most. We don't cave in to derisory bids anymore. So why Sunderland have bid 2mil and made themselves look like Palace with their funny bids, I don't know. In fact Sunderland are now more likely to lose out on Bridcutt to another club that comes in with a sensible bid.

I would be sorry to see Liam go, he hasn't been the same player with his injuries and performances but I feel Ince should be playing with him instead of replacing Bridcutt. For me Ince is better getting forward and when you play Ince you still need a midfielder covering him and Bridcutt does that well. Infact the few games Bridcutt and Ince have played together, our midfield has looked balanced and superb. So if we are to lose Bridcutt I think it would damage our promotion push as the 2 players together might have spurred on consistent wins. With at in mind it's a 4 mill rising to 6 for me.

this exactly. i'm not sure why so many are content for bridders to go just because we have ince, who can do the holding role. bridders is the best at that role in this league (although admittedly hes not been at his best this season yet) i like you want 2 see them both in the same midfield - bridders holding and ince roaming

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I must admit I used to think it was lost in translation some of the comments by Poyet but the more he spouts off the more I realize he must be quite simple.

Er, yeah, or he's just not admitting to illegally tapping up a player, as every single other manager in the league would do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Er, yeah, or he's just not admitting to illegally tapping up a player, as every single other manager in the league would do.

Every manager? I think not. Some have a bit more class. One example I'd suggest - Oscar.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Let us look at Tony Bloom and his ownership of the club over the past few years. Nothing short of wonderous and superbly executed. There is no doubt in my mind that he is in full control of proceedings and no-one, I mean no-one, ever gets the better of him. So the whole Bridcutt affair will only result in a win for us irrespective of whether LB stays or not.

In TB we have faith.

TNBA

TTF

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Wonder why Oscar is so quiet in all of this? When there was talk of clubs sniffing around Buckley and Bridcutt last season Gus was quick to state that only Real Madrid could afford Bridders and Buckley would cost more than Zaha. The rumours quickly went away, an example of a manager putting his arms around his players and categorically denying they were for sale. Oscar doesn't say a word. Maybe he's not bothered if they go?

Oscar doesn't do favouritism or put players on a pedestal. They come and go and he doesn’t personalise relationships which has to be a good thing.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Poyet has nothing to do with it? Are you really THAT naïve?

Poyet has turned Bridcutt's head and what you say in a rather condescending and patronising manner is true "its all part of the transfer dance or have you paid no attention to football in last 10 + years"

Clearly, but it doesn't mean that my point about Poyet being a fecking weasel isn't true.

I didn't say nothing to do with it, I said little. No doubt some initial talks have taken place but he's probably well out of it now as it'll be in Di Fantis hands or whoever does these things

Bridcutt has had his head turned towards the premiership since at least last January but more likely since he was 10. He's so far stayed with us longer than some would without complaining and it's not something he can keep waiting for as the older he gets the less chances he'll have.

Well unlike some I don't really hold animosity towards poyet and don't see him as a weasel, I don't know him personally so I cant form an accurate opinion. there is no loyalty in football and its no surprise when people move on in their career. They are sacked without much notice so why if a more lucrative job comes up shouldn't they go for it. It happens in every workplace every day.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wonder why Oscar is so quiet in all of this? When there was talk of clubs sniffing around Buckley and Bridcutt last season Gus was quick to state that only Real Madrid could afford Bridders and Buckley would cost more than Zaha. The rumours quickly went away, an example of a manager putting his arms around his players and categorically denying they were for sale. Oscar doesn't say a word. Maybe he's not bothered if they go?

I have to say I think that is all gibberish, KG. For a start, Poyet wouldn't have been any more directly involved in transfer dealings at Albion than he is now at Sunderland; shouting his mouth off in a press conference is hardly "categorically denying they were for sale", as it wouldn't have been his decision (alone) to make. Nor is it "putting his arms around his players". In fact I can't imagine that the current Sunderland negotiators are actually very happy about those comments Poyet made about Bridcutt and Buckley; it hardly enhances their bargaining position when Poyet has been so forthright about his assessment of their worth.

And Garcia HAS expressed his desire to keep Bridcutt (and Ulloa) in a back-page article in the Argus on December 7th.

We all know that Poyet can't keep his mouth shut about anything; Garcia is clearly a different fish, and keeps his own counsel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here