Bridcutt oh dear.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Who would have guessed that the most successful player in the prem from our side 2 years ago would be Barnes when you consider we had Tk, Upson, Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Bridge and Vicente.

Ulloa has scored i think double the amount of goals and been praised for his defensive work so i think this is wrong, but barnes and Hammond both players who played quite a bit this year in priemiership and done quite well

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I thought he was found out when Oscar Garcia took over.

He looked like our worst midfielder under Oscar.
Very limited player to be honest and did very well in a very defensive side.He would struggle in an attacking side I'm sure as he wouldn't have bucket loads of players around him helping.

He's gone and its old news thankfully :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You must have been watching a different formation than me as I saw a back four with Bridcutt in front of them then in front of him 2 central midfielders and in front of them 2 wide men when possible. so it was 1_4-1-2-2-1
Clearly.

2 wide men, unless you're including Bridge, don't make me laugh.
Andrews and Hammond only ventured forward for dead ball situations.

With 5 attacking players how come we still created so very little?
Or yeah that's right, of those 5, Barnes was horrendously out of position, Hammond and Andrews were next to Bridcutt and Kaz was rolling around on the floor.

Liam Bridcutt was very, very good for the Albion.
But the team no longer needs him, within the current squad.
He's just a historical figure for the Albion, sadly for many that means he must be signed NOW.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I prefer Rohan Ince. He may not be as good a player (yet) but I love watching the big man play. No doubt when his agent persuades him to down tools until he gets a move to a bigger club I'll feel differently, but until then ....

He may be one day but not at the moment as LB was better on the ground and although being shorter was far better in the air. Only time will tell

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clearly.

2 wide men, unless you're including Bridge, don't make me laugh.
Andrews and Hammond only ventured forward for dead ball situations.

With 5 attacking players how come we still created so very little?
Or yeah that's right, of those 5, Barnes was horrendously out of position, Hammond and Andrews were next to Bridcutt and Kaz was rolling around on the floor.

Liam Bridcutt was very, very good for the Albion.
But the team no longer needs him, within the current squad.
He's just a historical figure for the Albion, sadly for many that means he must be signed NOW.

Where did I say we had 5 attacking players? All bar the 2 wide men and front man were usually in our half with Andrews and Hammond getting forward very occasionally for corners and other set pieces. The forward men were Buckley , Barnes and Ulloa when we attacked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where did I say we had 5 attacking players? All bar the 2 wide men and front man were usually in our half with Andrews and Hammond getting forward very occasionally for corners and other set pieces. The forward men were Buckley , Barnes and Ulloa when we attacked.
So your saying Bridcutt commanded the space in front of the back 4 behind the midfield 2, who very occasionally left our half.

You realise your talking about a strip of the pitch about 10 foot wide with potentially 6 covering players in close proximity.

How can you say they didn't play as 3 'holding' midfielders?

Actually scratch that I'm out of this lunacy.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I was idly flicking through old programmes recently and saw that in the edition that accompanied the home game against palace that we won 3-0 our Liam was asked in an interview for his most hated thing.

From Islamic State to the Ebola virus, our Liam says 'paying tax'.

What a douche. I'm glad we're rid.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Great player for the albion really liked him as did everyone else.going toe to toe with zaha on the st patrick day massacre and getting mom in the playoff away leg against the scum remember everyone loving him people have short memories okay he left under a bit of a cloud not the end of the world.he was a good servant to the club

Stumpy Tim

I was idly flicking through old programmes recently and saw that in the edition that accompanied the home game against palace that we won 3-0 our Liam was asked in an interview for his most hated thing.

From Islamic State to the Ebola virus, our Liam says 'paying tax'.

What a douche. I'm glad we're rid.
Well Islamic State didn't exist then, and it was before the massive Ebola outbreak. Paying tax does suck too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports