Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt oh dear.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Always like to see our players go on and do well so a shame for him but am sure he will take consolidation that he has played at the top level

But what if he is inconsolidatable?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not really but give yourself a superior pat on the back for spotting my autocorrect error when posting on my phone

Auto-correct my ass.

Please, or I'll have to do it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Auto-correct my ass.

Please, or I'll have to do it.

No you are right I mean it's unthinkable to have a scenario where I meant to type consolation but mistyped.

Fortunately for me you are on this forum to highlight and correct people's spelling mistakes otherwise I would have looked a right tit.

Cheers for that now give yourself a biscuit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No you are right I mean it's unthinkable to have a scenario where I meant to type consolation but mistyped.

Fortunately for me you are on this forum to highlight and correct people's spelling mistakes otherwise I would have looked a right tit.

Whoooooooosh

:lolol:

Get a sense of Hummus will you!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just watched the highlights on MOTD.
He seemed to be in a world of his own, strolling around, not marking or challenging anyone and watching the goals roll in.

To be fair that could have been targeted at all the sunderland players apart from the keeper

Kellie

Aug 11, 2014

He was joking, you do look like a right tit now!

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Strange. Never thought for a second he wouldn't be Premier League standard.

Maybe in hindsight, his desperation to get there made him leap at the first offer he had. Sunderland haven't been much cop for ages- perhaps if he'd shown patience & bided his time, a more suitable club for his undoubted talents would have come along.

Too slow and not tall enough to play that holding role in the Premier League

One of those players who is good in the Championship but can't really cut it moving up a level

Dec 29, 2011
Too slow and not tall enough to play that holding role in the Premier League

One of those players who is good in the Championship but can't really cut it moving up a level

Very easy to say in hindsight though. I can't think of any players who were THAT good in the championship yet have been so shit in the premier league.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So, you wouldn't welcome him back then?
I'm no less fickle than any fan, so I probably would. He may have more difficulty in persuading the man who continued to pay his wages when he had 'lost focus'.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Very easy to say in hindsight though. I can't think of any players who were THAT good in the championship yet have been so shit in the premier league.

I thought it at the time he was with us - genuinely cannot believe that Gus was happy to pay £3m for him

Buckley on the other hand is a weird one. Sort out his fitness issues and he has the pace and finishing to trouble Premier League defenders as he did whenever we came up against a big side in the cup. Yet he seems to have struggled massively

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I would take him back happily

Why would you want a player who was desperate to leave us and has proved an unmitigated disaster in the Prem?
Looks like he wouldn't be much use to us, if and when we went up.
Reckon he needs to reboot his career somewhere completely new.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I know it's not mature or nice ( I must be weak and a bit snidey) but I can't bring myself to feeling anything other than great glee when I see anyone (especially GP) that rejected BHA come to grief. Whereas I'd be disappointed if Leo who left in the best of terms and never stopped working for the club didn't make good. :blush:
I wonder if they wish they'd stayed, even with their extra income.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Doubt he's that worried , probably financially secure now , profile raise and will end up at a decent championship club . Worst things have happened

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I would take him back happily
Not me. He was a class above for us at this level but, like Buckley, he effectively downed tools to engineer a move away from us to play for Gus. I don't blame him for wanting to play Premier League football but he burned his bridges to do so.

Also, it looks like he's gone backwards at Sunderland. Barber did a stunning job getting over £5m for a dwarf and a crock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here