Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt is massive to our club, a £15million player perhaps?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We couldn't offer him a season in League One to get up to the speed of football outside the Premiership reserve games. As you were in the third tier at the time, you could. We signed Jedinak after we decided not to sign Bridcutt, so we're extremely happy with how that turned out and I think we made the right choice.

f*** off you tedious little rodent.

He's at the heart of almost everything that goes on in the middle of the park, and would be tough to replace, therefore his value to the team and therefore transfer value must be inflated as such

If a club bids £6m then we can start talking imo!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We couldn't offer him a season in League One to get up to the speed of football outside the Premiership reserve games. As you were in the third tier at the time, you could. We signed Jedinak after we decided not to sign Bridcutt, so we're extremely happy with how that turned out and I think we made the right choice.

Glad you did

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Priceless to us but in reality I wouldn't expect more than £3,000,000. Whoever buys him will get a bargain. I just hope we get a decent sell on clause.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
£15 million maybe over egging in slightly. I would rate him in the 5/6 million bracket and would be annoyed if we sold him for anything less.

The only minor criticism you can have of him is that when he attempts more ambitious forward passes his success rate is too low, which separates him from the real top Premier league midfielders.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
£15 million maybe over egging in slightly. I would rate him in the 5/6 million bracket and would be annoyed if we sold him for anything less.

The only minor criticism you can have of him is that when he attempts more ambitious forward passes his success rate is too low, which separates him from the real top Premier league midfielders.

I stated this in another thread,if he had the killer pass and a goal or 2 more in his locker he would not be with us,this will come with expeirence

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
To us he is worth a lot of money purely because he is the type of player that will help us reach the premier league, but in terms of what others will pay/offer for him £5 million would be realistic.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would like to see Liam in a straight 4-4-2 to appreciate fully his game over several matches,never the less he has ability

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Yes, £15m is a bit silly - he's not proven in the top-flight yet. But I have to say, I took in my first game in 1986 and haven't seen a better holding midfielder in an Albion shirt throughout this time. The lad oozes class and let's not forget, he's just 23 - he could potentially be in an England shirt in a couple of years' time. It's funny that he and Zaha are the nation's footballing future and could be lining up together at Wembley one day.

I'm resigned to the fact that he will go eventually but I hope that 1) we get the right deal for the club and 2) it's to the right club for his sake who can further his development in the Premier League (I'm not sure how much more development he needs). I don't want to be seeing him at a club where he could potentially be lining up against us in a couple of years time in the Championship (if we're still there of course). He deserves better IMO. TBH is he went to the likes of Villa/Norwich and he was given a chance to perform regularly, I think he'd get snapped up again in further two-years' time by a top 6-7 Prem Side.

I'd like to be watching the Qatar World Cup with ex-Albion star Liam Bridcutt in the squad. I think we could all agree that would be a proud day for all Albion fans. If anyone is ever going to do it, then he's your man.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I'd like to be watching the Qatar World Cup with ex-Albion star Liam Bridcutt in the squad. I think we could all agree that would be a proud day for all Albion fans. If anyone is ever going to do it, then he's your man.

Or current Albion and Premier League star?!?!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Or current Albion and Premier League star?!?!

That's what i was wanting to hear,a glass half full poster like myself-to potential bidders for current Albion players-get lost

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i hope not

Icy Gull is a good poster,who does away matches,and is a NSC original (like yourself),i trust the opinions of the poster-

However-

He clearly has been on the Sherry or has bumped his head this evening..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We signed Jedinak after we decided not to sign Bridcutt, so we're extremely happy with how that turned out and I think we made the right .

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA Superb :clap:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
That's what i was wanting to hear,a glass half full poster like myself-to potential bidders for current Albion players-get lost

Indeed, you're right. That would be the ideal scenario. Of course, we would all love that. Here's hoping to a successful play-off push this year.

I'm just being realistic. If we don't go up, he'll go, if he hasn't done already. And he will go with the blessing of many an Albion fan and I will tip my cap to him as he waltzes off to stardom, wherever that my be.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
we have gates of 25,000 plus,we have filled our corporate suites and have Barber pulling the strings...

we have the lower end budget in the division and we have spent little or nothing in fees this season and spend moderate last in real terms.

therefore what with the benefit's of 2nd season revenue streams increased and kicking in and last seasons cup monies i say get lost we are not selling in January-in fact we should be adding at least 2 more strikers,keeping the ones we have,a right winger and add a really(so pay off The Dagger) experienced central midfielder to take the ball of Bridcutt.

PLEASE NOTE I AM VERY GRATEFUL AND EVEN IF WE GOT RELEGATED WOULD LOVE THE ALBION NO MATTER WHAT

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here