Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Best player - scotland

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Scotland player ratings v Serbia | Herald Scotland

Interesting to see Bridders Scotlands Best Player v Serbia - Really Pleased for him - so deserved at last - although his profile is raised even more for other teams to poach

Wouldnt be suprised if Chelsea came back in for him, I think he is great & so composed on the ball.
Of course i want him to stay, perhaps when we beat Palarse 3-0 in the play off final he will stay....if we dont go up
I think he will go to Premier top 6 side...:bhasign:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder what we'd get for him? I'm guessing around £6m, although I do think he's worth more than that.
Not a chance.

Unproven in the top flight, to short, never scores blah blah blah, all the stuff we know is bullgoogle, but will all go towards keeping the price down.
No group of teams are going to enter a bidding war for a holding midfielder.

The guarantee is irrespective of LB price and value it will be exactly half his worth, to The Albion.
Of that there can be no doubt.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not a chance.

Unproven in the top flight, to short, never scores blah blah blah, all the stuff we know is bullgoogle, but will all go towards keeping the price down.
No group of teams are going to enter a bidding war for a holding midfielder.

The guarantee is irrespective of LB price and value it will be exactly half his worth, to The Albion.
Of that there can be no doubt.

Chelsea paid £16m for a 19 year old Jon Obi Mikel from a Norwegian team a good few years back - unproven in the top flight, never scores and not particularly tall/strong. There was a lot of kerfuffle over it with Manchester United too as I recall. So I disagree, top clubs know the value of a quality holding midfielder. Is Bridcutt going to interest top clubs? Let's see how he performs in the pressure matches running in to the close of the season...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chelsea paid £16m for a 19 year old Jon Obi Mikel from a Norwegian team a good few years back - unproven in the top flight, never scores and not particularly tall/strong. There was a lot of kerfuffle over it with Manchester United too as I recall. So I disagree, top clubs know the value of a quality holding midfielder. Is Bridcutt going to interest top clubs? Let's see how he performs in the pressure matches running in to the close of the season...
LB isn't in that league, and won't be anytime soon.

He's plenty good enough for 80% of the EPL, but if those teams don't score they get relegated, hence my original summation.

Ulloa for mega millions is more likely to happen before LB commands that kind of fee.

A John Obi Mikel who had just won 2nd best player (behind messi I believe) at the 2005 Fifa World Youth championships....

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
He's getting a lot of love on the Tartan Army board, bugger, still that which we have all known for a while was always certain to get wider attention. Gotta keep him...if we can

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic came in with an offer in the Summer..

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic came in with an offer in the Summer..

Wouldn't surprise me either, but I think there will be bigger offers from England.

Go up and we'll keep him.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That still doesn't make him "established".

To be fair, he looked much more 'established' than any of the other players on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here