Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian McDermott sacked

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Manager of the month for January. About time we had a transfer window for managers to stop this craziness.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Manager of the month for January. About time we had a transfer window for managers to stop this craziness.

Managers are not transferred

He has been sacked (but will still have contract paid up)
Theoretically gus could sack a player, for example Barnes, for under achievement.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Reading have been letting in far too many goals. They need a manager who can sure up their defence. It's such a difficult job to take on at this stage of the season. Surely whoever they go for will have the opportunity to get them back up when the inevitable happens. With that in mind, Nigel Adkins if he wants it.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Poyet to Reading?:cool:

Have you been looking at the Barnsley message board perchance? :wink:

Regarding the sacking of McDermott, I think Stan Collymore summed it up perfectly last night i.e. "It's a bloody disgrace!" :clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
just like mcCarthy at wolves last season, pointless and a bit stupid i think....

Is that the number of points the new manager can expect over the next few games?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
would Reading's Russian owner employ an avowedly fascist Di Canio as manager? Funny as f**k IMO!

I doubt if being an avowed acolyte of Il Duce would preclude Di Canio from being employed by a desperate foreign owner tbh. Money's far more important in football these days than the minor irritation of a head-mental, neo-fascist saving your arse (even if it does Google-off & alienate half the support). Likeable Baldies For Show: Fascists For Dough. Innit. :thumbsup:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Managers are not transferred

He has been sacked (but will still have contract paid up)
Theoretically gus could sack a player, for example Barnes, for under achievement.

Unfortunately it seems sacked managers do not so readily get their contracts paid up, it usually becomes a long and drawn out process, irrespective of their legal entitlement.

I am not sure Gus could sack a player for underachievement, he might give him a free transfer or make things uncomfortable for him, training with the kids etc. but he couldnt force him out of the club if he is within his contractual period.

Last edited:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I guess in theory anyone with a contract could be sacked for breaching it. For example refusing to train etc.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Taking into consideration the clubs position in the league and the tough games yet to play cant think that any decent manager would fancy his chances of avoiding relegation.
Last season many supporters felt we had missed out, looking at Southampton and Reading now few would want to swap places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here