Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan.....mmmm

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Not jumping fully for the first shot that hit the crossbar.... and randomly misjudging the flght of the first goal when the ball hardly moved...I was directly behind the goal for both.

Was this really just nerves, lack of ability or....?!!! That is all!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
If you were behind the goal and you think that ball hardly moved then I think you really need to open your eyes. I don't think any keeper would have saved that it moved just as it reached him. All Goalkeepers are taught to get their body behind the ball in case they miss it. His ody was right behind it then it swerved viciously. What about the stop with his ody about two minutes later. That stopped a potential second one?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If you were behind the goal and you think that ball hardly moved then I think you really need to open your eyes. I don't think any keeper would have saved that it moved just as it reached him. All Goalkeepers are taught to get their body behind the ball in case they miss it. His ody was right behind it then it swerved viciously. What about the stop with his ody about two minutes later. That stopped a potential second one?

Sorry but as the first poster said the writing was on the wall with the half hearted leap on the shot that hit the bar. I was right behind the first and it did not move drastically enough to explain the utter flap which resulted in no contact and looked like he was trying to hand jive!

His occasional shot stopping ability is not significant enough to offset his inate ability to drop a change at any point.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Not jumping fully for the first shot that hit the crossbar.... and randomly misjudging the flght of the first goal when the ball hardly moved...I was directly behind the goal for both.

Was this really just nerves, lack of ability or....?!!! That is all!

Quite frankly he must have felt like trying to stop cars in 3 lanes of the M25. You stand there with that sort of barage and see what you stop.

Lush

Mods' Pet
When Casper had a bad game earlier in the season, he was dropped for Brezovan. Gus has always said that, with virtually a fully fit squad, if you have a bad game, someone will come in and take your place. So maybe Casper will play on Tuesday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think Brezovan came in after one bad performance from Casper it was after a run of them. I'm not sure Brez has had a run of them, but given how badly we lost this game, and how we're on a winless run I wouldn't be surprised to see casper start (if he does, it won't be solely for this performance), but I won't be surprised if brez retains either.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I don't think Brezovan came in after one bad performance from Casper it was after a run of them. I'm not sure Brez has had a run of them, but given how badly we lost this game, and how we're on a winless run I wouldn't be surprised to see casper start (if he does, it won't be solely for this performance), but I won't be surprised if brez retains either.

You're in for a very unsurprising time on Tuesday then. Unless Poke is back. Or East is given a step-up.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When Casper had a bad game earlier in the season, he was dropped for Brezovan. Gus has always said that, with virtually a fully fit squad, if you have a bad game, someone will come in and take your place. So maybe Casper will play on Tuesday.

On that basis, you could certainly make a case for Brezovan, the entire back four, and Dicker all being dropped for Tuesday!

More generally, I don't like our goalkeeping situation. I would much rather have one goalkeeper who is indisputably better and the clear No1. And for that, we need a new one.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Brezovan is a flat track bully. Fine in the bread and butter games, but totally out of his depth in the big games with the pressure on, it's like he shit's himself on the bigger stages. Not good for a keeper and long term no good for us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We may as well at least play this other keeper Gonzales

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

possibly so, but i think it's also irrelevant - neither will feature in future plans

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Wankergren let in 3 goals in 3 games on the run and did not get dropped, he got dropped eventualy for being consistantly shit,if he had been dropped earlier we would be sitting comfortably in 3rd or 4th, do you remember him ducking to avoid the ball at the liverpool game he`s a joke

XxXBHAFCXxX

Feb 11, 2012
Buckingham
Disagree, Was near enough to see it didn't move about an awful lot, thought he was gonna take off with that amount of flapping. Personally, i think Gus should get Jack Butland in From Birmingham. Might cost a fair bit, but he's been looking good at cheltenham and would have excellent re-sale value with the enthusiasm of youth.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I posted this on another thread, but when Brezovan let in 6 at Anfield, he then kept two clean sheets in a row against Hull and Ipswich. I would leave him in.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Its you who needs his eyes tested mate. Simple save for a decent keeper. just get your body behind it - simples, 1st rule you get taught as a keeper.

The commentator was raving about his second 'save', but the replay showed it was hit straight at him.
I noticed he was getting 'shot on sight' by Wham, Allardyce obviously told his players to focus on testing him as he was a suspect link.
Shame our defenders didn't try and help out by preventing them from getting at him. They were shit.

In the first 15 minutes I expected our players to complain "come on, start the match again, we weren't ready"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here