Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan - Man of the match for The Albion

Sep 1, 2010
Who would of thought. He has been immense this evening and has proved a lot of people wrong since he has come in to the team

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
agreed - he was brilliant and has done nothing wrong since he came back

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
From what I gather he's been excellent since being recalled. Good effort.

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Wish we could say the same of the other ten!!?

Who would of thought. He has been immense this evening and has proved a lot of people wrong since he has come in to the team

Yes, he did well.....but, what a load of rubbish. Should be ashamed of themselves - Wrexham certainly didn't look like 3 divisions below us. Sort it out Poyet! :angry:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Brezovan is a good keeper - who knew?

Kept us in the game at times, definitely deserves his place in the team

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
definatly a bright spot to a poor performance.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Whilst he let in 4 out of 5 goals, he was pretty accurate in guessing which way the penalty taker was shooting. Just a shame he didn't get to them. I remember a lot of grunts and moans when he was starting against Saints!

Sep 1, 2010
We play poor against A championship team and people accept it to a degree and move on, we play poor against a conference side and still expect to overturn them with ease then. OH f*** OFF. We played poor yes, but the level of patronising going on just because it was Wrexham is pathetic. We had the same bollocks in the FA cup last year with people over reacting to ONE performance. Oh................and we won the league last year.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But we ARE supposed to be able to overturn a conference side with ease these days. We are 2 1/2 divisions above (better than) them - but they made us look poor and toothless. Wrexham upped their game and ours fell by the wayside to the extent we were unabble to put any pressure on them - and nearly lost it in the final minutes before penalties had it not been for Breznovan's save.

Sep 1, 2010
These days? Rubbish! It's a FACT that more non league sides cause upsets in modern football because the standard of football in that level is hugely higher than say 30 ago. Aside from that, maybe re-read the meaning from my first reply.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I still can't get Stoke out of my mind, but fair play to him this time round, rather him than the flapping Dane for now

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The problem is we had quite long periods of dominating without creating any end product. 2 efforts on target in 120mins.

Whereas they were incisive, direct and a joy to watch.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whilst he let in 4 out of 5 goals, he was pretty accurate in guessing which way the penalty taker was shooting. Just a shame he didn't get to them. I remember a lot of grunts and moans when he was starting against Saints!

Personally, I wasn't moaning, but I was very nervous, as the previous games I'd seen him in (one cup match this season I think, plus Stoke away last year) he looked all over the place. Doesn't make him rubbish, of course, I think that's just what you get with Brezovan, but it did make me nervous. Would support him all the way though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, he did well.....but, what a load of rubbish. Should be ashamed of themselves - Wrexham certainly didn't look like 3 divisions below us. Sort it out Poyet! :angry:

ffs..cup football ya narna...as poyet said afterwards thy had everything to lose and nothing to win really....so get over it

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Fans slagged Brez off for that throw out to the TOTTENHAM forward to give the goal away...but he is 10 times better at crosses than Flappergen and deserves his place...Mom in my opinion....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here