Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexiteer guilty

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you have read that slightly incorrectly.
The page you linked yourself
https://www.elphicke.com/news/lets-get-brexit-done-and-move-forward
does actually say

"At the referendum I backed Remain, because I thought a major project like Brexit might be too complicated for our system to cope with. Sadly, events have rather underlined that view. Yet the vote was had, people here voted overwhelmingly to leave and it is my democratic duty to deliver on that mandate.
What is happening in Parliament is the opposite. They are trying to cancel Brexit. This is not simply undemocratic. It is nothing less than an attempt to subvert the will of the British people."

Before the referendum The Guardian and BBC had him listed as on record to be a remain voting MP,.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35616946
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...23/how-will-your-mp-vote-in-the-eu-referendum

After the vote he was insistent that the vote outcome should be respected (even though he had been remain) and accepted,because of the instruction, that we should indeed Leave. He was 100% against those MPs that wanted the opposite of the result and wanted to scupper Brexit and who were scheming to have us remain instead.

So he is now a brexiteer then?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So he is now a brexiteer then?

Well yes, backed remain for the vote,accepted he was on the losing side and then backed processes to follow through with the decision to Leave.
What his pre-referendum position or post referendum position has to do with him being a horrible sex case though is beyond me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well yes, backed remain for the vote,accepted he was on the losing side and then backed processes to follow through with the decision to Leave.
What his pre-referendum position or post referendum position has to do with him being a horrible sex case though is beyond me.

It doesn't. But then again, there have been comments that the ES, owned by a seemingly good friend of Johnson, described a 54 year old man having been arrested for rape rather than the more sensitive '54 year old Tory former cabinet minister' etc etc.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It doesn't. But then again, there have been comments that the ES, owned by a seemingly good friend of Johnson, described a 54 year old man having been arrested for rape rather than the more sensitive '54 year old Tory former cabinet minister' etc etc.

thought this thread was about Charlie Elphicke

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think you have read that slightly incorrectly.
The page you linked yourself
https://www.elphicke.com/news/lets-get-brexit-done-and-move-forward
does actually say

"At the referendum I backed Remain, because I thought a major project like Brexit might be too complicated for our system to cope with. Sadly, events have rather underlined that view. Yet the vote was had, people here voted overwhelmingly to leave and it is my democratic duty to deliver on that mandate.
What is happening in Parliament is the opposite. They are trying to cancel Brexit. This is not simply undemocratic. It is nothing less than an attempt to subvert the will of the British people."

Before the referendum The Guardian and BBC had him listed as on record to be a remain voting MP,.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35616946
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...23/how-will-your-mp-vote-in-the-eu-referendum

After the vote he was insistent that the vote outcome should be respected (even though he had been remain) and accepted,because of the instruction, that we should indeed Leave. He was 100% against those MPs that wanted the opposite of the result and wanted to scupper Brexit and who were scheming to have us remain instead.

It is not as if he was pro EU though, he just thought the process of leaving would likely go to shit. Shame he wasn't able to use the same cautious approach with women.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No idea; don't care. If he's a sex offender, he's a sex offender, whichever way he voted in the referendum.

So a man has been convicted of sexual assault and two women have been put through a pretty nasty ordeal.

It beggars belief that some people's first thought is to check whether they voted for Brexit :nono: (and still get that bit wrong)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Remainer and former Labour MP Eric Joyce is now a convicted child molester. Already convicted for a series of violent assaults inside and outside parliament over the years.

Being a wnkr knows no party political bounds.

1E6E2218-2501-4FDF-95A2-C87FBC6A8318.png
8503BDB1-5F6A-411E-9665-C3B29C66D876.png

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Remainer and former Labour MP Eric Joyce is now a convicted child molester. Already convicted for a series of violent assaults inside and outside parliament over the years.

Being a wnkr knows no party political bounds.

View attachment 126879
View attachment 126880

This thread would have been binned off to the pit in nanoseconds if someone had started it with that title ...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
True but at least he never be accused of trying to screw a whole nation. Like I don’t know, leaving the biggest single market on the planet to go it alone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This thread would have been binned off to the pit in nanoseconds if someone had started it with that title ...

It wouldn’t normally cross my mind to link a criminal conviction to unconnected views on the EU.

But on seeing Joyce convicted of yet more offences, the natural place was to post on this thread, in the interest of bizarre balance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here