Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit - Deal we have or Rejoin CU/SM

Should we carry on with the deal we have or should we rejoin the Customs Union/Single Market

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Just watched this. Says so much...

The Brexit Scandal - What if Brexit was ultimately not about the “will of the people” at all, but about the interests of a small British elite?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yes ... yes it does. :moo:
I am intrigued as to how you watched a 52 minute video in 6 minutes.

However, I'm glad we can agree; you might enjoy this too..... not sure about the emoji though; are you lost for words?

Last edited:

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
I am intrigued as to how you watched a 52 minute video in 6 minutes.

However, I'm glad we can agree; you might enjoy this too..... not sure about the emoji though; are you lost for words?

Apologies, my reply was possibly to subtle. I was agreeing that it says so much about someone when they start their day watching 52 minute youtube clips about Brexit ...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Is there an option to just shut up about it?
Why would we want to do that if it is successful? Shouldn't we be celebrating all the tangible benefits?

Many people who are still much worse off would really like to hear about them...

I exhort you to watch the videos then respond rather than bury this ongoing self inflicted wound by 'shutting up about it'...

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Apologies, my reply was possibly to subtle. I was agreeing that it says so much about someone when they start their day watching 52 minute youtube clips about Brexit ...
Au contraire; not 'too' subtle, just indecipherable.

What makes you think I watched this today? Wrong again... but you seem to frequently draw conclusions on presumption rather than evidence

Last edited:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Honestly, regardless of our debate on here, the vast majority of Britain has made up its mind on whether Brexit (even partially implemented) has been a success or not.

Nobody wants to rehash the Brexit debate over the next election, so I suspect it’s going to be completely undiscussed, but we’re going to see pro “closer ties with Europe” parties doing significantly better than anti-Europe parties over the longer term.

As an absolute minimum we’re going to be back in a form of customs union within fifteen years, and life’s going to be pretty rough for us until we are. The city is suffering a slow bleed, imports and exports are slower, more difficult and more expensive.

The modern world is all about interoperability, and we’ve chosen to become an anachronism. I’m sure in the last throes of this government they’ll promise to return us to pounds and ounces and the old money, but I’ll bet you a farthing they won’t when every manufacturer, exporter and importer explains exactly how that messes with their paperwork.

I’m sorry for Brexit’s last defenders on here, but if the last one left could turn out the lights it would be appreciated.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Honestly, regardless of our debate on here, the vast majority of Britain has made up its mind on whether Brexit (even partially implemented) has been a success or not.

Nobody wants to rehash the Brexit debate over the next election, so I suspect it’s going to be completely undiscussed, but we’re going to see pro “closer ties with Europe” parties doing significantly better than anti-Europe parties over the longer term.

As an absolute minimum we’re going to be back in a form of customs union within fifteen years, and life’s going to be pretty rough for us until we are. The city is suffering a slow bleed, imports and exports are slower, more difficult and more expensive.

The modern world is all about interoperability, and we’ve chosen to become an anachronism. I’m sure in the last throes of this government they’ll promise to return us to pounds and ounces and the old money, but I’ll bet you a farthing they won’t when every manufacturer, exporter and importer explains exactly how that messes with their paperwork.

I’m sorry for Brexit’s last defenders on here, but if the last one left could turn out the lights it would be appreciated.
This......

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020

The Brexit Scandal - What if Brexit was ultimately not about the “will of the people” at all, but about the interests of a small British elite?

Interesting second half as they start looking at the dark money swilling around the erg .

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

What if? It was wasn't it? An added bonus of leaving the EU is being free of all those pesky regulations, now our water companies can pump tonnes of literal shite into our waterways. Control never felt so good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here