Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit - Deal we have or Rejoin CU/SM

Should we carry on with the deal we have or should we rejoin the Customs Union/Single Market

• Total voters

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It's been a complete cock up from start to finish. I honestly can't think of one thing that has improved my life since. I could name numerous things that have had a detrimental effect to things I've ordered, posted, places travelled to, prices of certain goods increasing, that sincerely piss me off.

I won't go on - as they say 'You learn by your mistakes', and this IMO was a pretty monumental one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Absolutely we should rejoin the single market in some form. Shame none of our current crop of politicians, who have a chance of gaining power, have the balls to put it in a manifesto.
True, but on the other hand the last thing we need is another election defined by voter's opinion of the EU - because it ends up being at the expense of everything else.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ultimately the Single Market (with or without Customs Union) will happen, it's a geopolitical inevitablity. Every country in the world trades first and foremost with those nearest to it, and in the most frictionless way t can find. We're no exception to that rule. It'll take a couple of cycles for the poison of Brexit to be flushed away fully, but I expect SM membership to be in at least one of the serious manifestos come the election after the upcoming one.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
For the BREXIT campaign and decision, and the COVID PPE scandal - I would like a full investigation into who in the political spectrum profited from the decision / situation, I want the full weight of our investigative powers to be applied. And then I want convictions for those who made this happen. If now laws were broken, I want the laws to be retrospectively changed so the guilty parties can be incarcerated. Exactly like when they changed the law to make all those people using 'tax efficient' schemes illegal in retrospect. Live by the sword and all that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ultimately the Single Market (with or without Customs Union) will happen, it's a geopolitical inevitablity. Every country in the world trades first and foremost with those nearest to it, and in the most frictionless way t can find. We're no exception to that rule. It'll take a couple of cycles for the poison of Brexit to be flushed away fully, but I expect SM membership to be in at least one of the serious manifestos come the election after the upcoming one.
They should, but I doubt they will as they know it will go down badly in some areas.

Plays into Reform/Tories hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here