Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Brewdogs Black Heart or Guinness

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We know what Brewdog are going for but how do they compare. Same widget , same pour but I like the subtle chocolate and caramel in the new one.
A modern stout they say.

I’m trying to unwind. What a night

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
If I had to choose one, I’d choose Guinness, but that would be purely on tradition, I’ve never tried Black Heart.

Arcade Made though, that’s a beer.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Stoutzilla is not to be taken orally……. Read the can.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think Black Heart beats Guinness, it's fantastic. And the Jet Black Heart they have done in the past is also excellent. For me the best version is the draft Black Heart in their pubs.

[awaits someone coming on this thread to derail it with their fervent hatred of Brewdog]

That said, I think there are some amazing stouts from smaller brewers, Unbarred and Cloak and Dagger both make some beauties.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think Black Heart beats Guinness, it's fantastic. And the Jet Black Heart they have done in the past is also excellent. For me the best version is the draft Black Heart in their pubs.

[awaits someone coming on this thread to derail it with their fervent hatred of Brewdog]

That said, I think there are some amazing stouts from smaller brewers, Unbarred and Cloak and Dagger both make some beauties.
I've not tried the new Black Heart, but before lockdown I was working Monday - Thursday in Edinburgh and there's a Brewdog bar airside in the airport. Two pints of Jet Black Heart and something to eat to go with their hot sauce was the regular order. Preferred Jet Black Heart, despite my username, but that's based on having a couple of very slow chilled pints before a flight, rather than an all night sesh on it.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Dont like Black Heart - still got some behind the bar as bought a 10 pack and couldnt get rid even at a party (gathering - im too old for parties)

prefer Guinness or even Guinness Zero

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Proper Guinness, poured lovingly in a pub in Ireland....mesmerizing to watch...will beat any other stout wannabe. Over here it tastes like straw after a couple of pints

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Proper Guinness, poured lovingly in a pub in Ireland....mesmerizing to watch...will beat any other stout wannabe. Over here it tastes like straw after a couple of pints
Completely agree, but that quite often not available. The NitroSurge device (£30) they brought out last year is brilliant and pours a damn good Guinness at home. It's not quite a draft, but you can't get much closer at home.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Completely agree, but that quite often not available. The NitroSurge device (£30) they brought out last year is brilliant and pours a damn good Guinness at home. It's not quite a draft, but you can't get much closer at home.
That Nitrosurge device was designed by Asahi in Japan

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well done them then. Doesn't make the Guinness it pours any less nice.
IMG_0318.jpg

We had them developed pre-covid, also there's a converter for bottle use. We use it to put a head on Asahi SD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here