Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog Brighton - it's happening - it's here!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
What used to be Cubar at the bottom of Preston Street has been sold to somebody. Could be there, although I'm not sure it's the most suitable location.

A little further afield is the London Unity in Hanover. Would fit most of their criteria aside from footfall. Right size, on a corner, currently on the market... But I fear they'd consider it just a bit too far from the centre of town to be viable.

Lastly, I believe the Royal Oak on St James' Street has been sold recently. Although this seems strange as it has only relatively recently been done up and turned from a scabby big telly pub into a very decent ale and hearty meals local. I'd say it meets most of their criteria again but would potentially fall down on location because it's just that bit too far from the centre of town.

Very excited to welcome Brewdog to the city and wherever they turn up, I'll be making regular visits

theboybilly

Shoreham is rumoured to be getting a new Ale House in September. A resurrection of the Star, with three local real ales, one real cider and that is it.

So no lager, no spirits, no craft beers.

Along with the Duke Of Wellington Brewery planned to come on tap for Christmas, things are coming along nicely in my neck of the woods.

Where did you hear that CheeseRolls? If true it'll be something to look forward to. It might be bad news for the Lazy Toad though IMHO

What used to be Cubar at the bottom of Preston Street has been sold to somebody. Could be there, although I'm not sure it's the most suitable location.

A little further afield is the London Unity in Hanover. Would fit most of their criteria aside from footfall. Right size, on a corner, currently on the market... But I fear they'd consider it just a bit too far from the centre of town to be viable.

Lastly, I believe the Royal Oak on St James' Street has been sold recently. Although this seems strange as it has only relatively recently been done up and turned from a scabby big telly pub into a very decent ale and hearty meals local. I'd say it meets most of their criteria again but would potentially fall down on location because it's just that bit too far from the centre of town.

Very excited to welcome Brewdog to the city and wherever they turn up, I'll be making regular visits

I'm not sure the Unity is on the market anymore as they tweeted recently that the pub was saved. It was nearly closed for good!

The London Unity Pub ‏@TheLondonUnity 4 Jun
@NorthStandChat Any chance of a retweet to promote a local pub that was saved?! The London Unity - Hanover relaunch Friday 7th June! Cheers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is indeed now called The Southover. Punk IPA is a bit pricey though.

I think they dry hop it, and as this adds a lot of time to the brew process, and means less ale comes out the other end, it will be more expensive. It's a v nice beer though. If you like less-than-subtle beers that is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My money is on that RocknRoller place opposite Waitrose. I notice it has shut down.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If the Royal Oak is renamed Brew Dog will there be some confusion for customers heading for the Bulldog Tavern and vice-versa ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Bristol one is spot on,.. if a little pricey.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shame it's gone quiet on the Brighton front. I'd have suggested where mybrewery tap was.

That Rock and Roller place on Western Rd is empty isnt it?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Best avoided. My wife disowned me after I had a couple of these and slipped over outside our hotel and literally fell into the gutter struggling to get back up again. I was a total embarassment...apparently. In my mitigation it had be raining severely and the curb was dangerously wet.

Hahahah! oops!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is.

It would be a cracking venue for it - not least because it's under 10 mins walk from my gaff...

Think that is to become ANOTHER Small Batch coffee shop. Meh. I give that company another 18 months. They are expanding way too quickly.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Shoreham is rumoured to be getting a new Ale House in September. A resurrection of the Star, with three local real ales, one real cider and that is it.

So no lager, no spirits, no craft beers.

Along with the Duke Of Wellington Brewery planned to come on tap for Christmas, things are coming along nicely in my neck of the woods.

I was in the Welly last week with friends. Nice to see the tribute to Roy on the ceiling – I believe the mugs hanging in front belonged to Roy. The onsite brewery sounds good, unfortunately it will be about another year before I get back there. They are also doing a history of Shoreham pubs on January 11[SUP]th[/SUP].

Attachments

• CAM00104.jpg
    CAM00104.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 298
  • CAM00110.jpg
    CAM00110.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 298

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They've already appointed the management to run the place, though I don't know where it will be.

No address so far; all they have done is tweet a photo of the building. But, I gave it to a friend who works as a "location scout" and she has indentified it. It is on Oranenburgerstrasse in Mitte and 10 minutes walk from my apartment. Frau Tubthumper is now looking worried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here