Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brentford

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you are praying for an injury free start to the season then, the squad has no strength in depth.

This. We are 6-7 players short. And it's not just me saying that. Sami is on record saying it. We need to start signing players and quickly (they need time to settle in).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I reckon we need 5 very decent players ( GK, CD, LB, Striker, Winger) and then will be looking at Maksimenko and Dickenson to be 4th choice central defender, and 4th choice striker respectively.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I don't think he is particularly bothered after several estate agents have valued his abode at £650k #locationlocationlocation

Funnily enough Soggy, in my leafy abode, there isn't a travellers caravan to be seen.
Unlike the Brighton and Chav area :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
??? You do know that Odubajo is a winger don't you?

No, I thought he was a striker. But it's even more reason to not be bothered about us not signing him; we have 3 good wingers already.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Think we will be in for a tough campaign this time around. Mid table at best.

On what basis. You may say we haven't signed anyone yet but then why be so negative? We might sign nobody or we might sign 6 brilliant Championship players. We don't know yet so to write off our chances already seems odd.

I seem to remember you have form for this though. Every pre season I think you write us off (including from memory the year we won League 1 with four games to spare).

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
On what basis. You may say we haven't signed anyone yet but then why be so negative? We might sign nobody or we might sign 6 brilliant Championship players. We don't know yet so to write off our chances already seems odd.

I seem to remember you have form for this though. Every pre season I think you write us off (including from memory the year we won League 1 with four games to spare).

6 Brilliant Championship players -now that I would like to see. Dream on. :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
6 Brilliant Championship players -now that I would like to see. Dream on. :lolol:

Laugh all you want but until we confirm signings, writing off our season seems a bit pointless. If we'd signed Odubajo, there'd be people on here moaning about hindering the development of March and the fact we were spending significant money on a player who's never played at this level.

As mentioned elsewhere on this thread, we did the same thing when we went up. Some worked out like Buckley (despite his injury issues recently) and others like Harley didn't. But you have to make that investment to compete. Once you've had a couple of seasons up, you don't have the same issues.

I just think there are a lot of negative people on here when we've just finished in the play offs two years running. Why not see who we sign before moaning?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Laugh all you want but until we confirm signings, writing off our season seems a bit pointless. If we'd signed Odubajo, there'd be people on here moaning about hindering the development of March and the fact we were spending significant money on a player who's never played at this level.

As mentioned elsewhere on this thread, we did the same thing when we went up. Some worked out like Buckley (despite his injury issues recently) and others like Harley didn't. But you have to make that investment to compete. Once you've had a couple of seasons up, you don't have the same issues.

I just think there are a lot of negative people on here when we've just finished in the play offs two years running. Why not see who we sign before moaning?

Wise words. I've seen a trend over the past 2 or 3 years where certain clubs bolster their teams with early signings, people on here start wetting the bed about how so and so are going to be absolute quality, and it doesn't happen. Millwall 2 years ago was a good case in point.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wise words. I've seen a trend over the past 2 or 3 years where certain clubs bolster their teams with early signings, people on here start wetting the bed about how so and so are going to be absolute quality, and it doesn't happen. Millwall 2 years ago was a good case in point.
Superb. Textbook.

:thumbsup:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Funnily enough Soggy, in my leafy abode, there isn't a travellers caravan to be seen.
Unlike the Brighton and Chav area :thumbsup:

Sadly, that is the cross we have to bear.

They all flock to Brighton in the summer, because they acknowledge that it is the best place to be in UK.
They return to South London to watch Palace in September!!!.

The A23/M23 is packed with caravans heading north after the Bank Holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here