Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Im not sure where the 'we will be entertaining but ship loads of goals' or were be the new Leeds under Bielsa keeps coming from. So far to me we looks slow and ponderous and struggle to break through teams, other than the Liverpool game.

Under Potter 2.0 we started playing some long balls over the midfield and hitting teams with fast counters, so far under De Zerbi I think we keep the ball far too long and pass sideways for ages and give teams time to park the bus.

Still far too early to judge atm but it feels frustrating thinking we could be going backwards.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Mafiosi shit going on in dressing room now..we will win!
Say hello to my little friend
Kaoru-Mitoma-Portrait-06JUL22-PH-BJ0I5545.jpg

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I really can't see where the goals are coming from at this moment in time, Welbeck lacks all confidence in front of goal and we don't get enough men in the box. If we had Toney in our side we'd finish in the European places I reckon. Anyway let's get Mitoma on in the second half for a bit of pace and drive.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've a feeling Veltman knew what he was doing! Just don't understand why toney wasn't booked for his reaction.
I can't even look at franck now without wanting to slap him. Close your f***ing mouth when you're chewing you f***ing camel!

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Wish our team was as committed and certain as Veltman. Moises and Dunk playing alright. Macallister sloppy and slow. Gross offering little. Welbeck looks a bit shot.

Equaliser would be nice second half.

What I find very frustrating is our slow/standing on the ball passing. It's shit. Was the same against Spurs.
Yup, we don't like being pressed in possession, so what you do is play faster more incisive We have the team, they need to get their act together.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We’ve gone backwards massively. The players don’t seem to be able to carry out what RDZ wants- reminds me of Potters first few months. Worrying that RBZ has changed so much that made us great at the start of the season. We don’t look solid defensively at all- way to open when on the back foot. Mac can’t seem to find a pass 1st half. Welbeck can’t hit a barn door. Really need to make good use of the subs and somehow get out of here with a point. I’d snap your arm off for that right now

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Too hesitant, and the moment is gone. Must do better 2nd half.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mitoma coming on. Doing a warm up by himself
My starting line up was, as it it, with Mitoma . . . The goal came from our left side . . .here's hoping the change happens.

no criticisms but a reaction which will stem a flow and hopefully give us sufficient advantage.

Veltman is Right up there. f***ing Legend.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Potters calm demeanour v De Zebri passion
Early days but I don't think we have found an improvement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here