Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was actually going to post before the goal that I was quite enjoying the game in the second half. a good old-fashioned rambunctious game with every player giving their all and getting stuck in. Then to score and win just rounds it off nicely. Credit to Moder in the build up as well, managed to toe the ball despite being on the ground - which sums up what I was saying about full commitment I suppose.

Thumbs up for rambunctious. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s classic isn’t it!!

Last season create loads, don’t take chances,, great performances but no points and it’s all about results.

Away from home, don’t play well BUT, keep the other team at bay, certainly not a poor performance by any means, but enough to win, and ITS STILL NOT ENOUGH!

All you do is laugh at these unfortunates!! :lolol:

When your glass (of piss) is half empty it's easy to fill it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Scrappy, untidy, with both teams cancelling each other out and a draw might have been a fair result. But it wasn't. :) Makes a change to be on the right side of a nicked win after games in the past where we've dominated only to get mugged near the end.

Some player ratings, no idea how accurate as haven't seen it.

https://www.90min.com/posts/brentford-0-1-brighton-player-ratings-as-leandro-trossard-scores-late-winner-01ffak1qebsa/app/?utm_source=fotmob&utm_medium=pn&partner=342902&show-title=true&show-reads-counter=true&show-date=true&show-author=true

Sky highlights.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
GPs fourth Brentford game in a row (three with Swansea and today with Brighton) where Thomas Frank and his men looks like the better team in the first half just to end up with 0 points. Long may it continue.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
That was a game where the two sides largely cancelled each other out. We were unfortunate to be without Gross who would have provided more quality in terms of delivery and set pieces - in the end a point was probably fair but a superb bit of quality from Trossard who was the best player on the pitch won it for us. And Uncle Tone will love that against his nemesis Benham!

We struggle to create chances without the Turnmeister.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I had this daft hope we’d take our chances compared to last season and be great this year. Turns out now we don’t even create chances let alone score them.
Really poor.
We’ve now played two promoted teams and a team we finished above and have played well for maybe 3 half’s, tops.

Last season we did not beat teams we ought to be beating - all the relegated teams, for a start.

And Brentford have been hailed as a breath of fresh air, so doing them over is very sweet.

And Trossard is a class player that we are lucky to have!:albion2:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Their pressing game served them very well. But in the Prem, it's not possible to keep that up against sides that can pass round you. Their energy level dropped in last 20 minutes and there was really only one side going to take the points. Didn;t see their strikers in the last 20 minutes.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Too low on several players in both teams, especially the defensive players.

Also giving DW a 3 is silly. Both him and Maupay did what they could with very little service.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Depth of squad now with the ability to bring on the likes of Molder and Mac....

Excellent......

TNBA

TTF

Albion match report says it’s the first time in our history, we’ve played ten international players. Only Maupay that hasn’t been capped as a full international.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Disagree strongly.

I think losing White for Duffy has had a huge impact on our prowess going forward this season. Afterall, there are 11 players and Duffy is our weak link on the offense. Last year White, Dunk and Webster were all very effective and moving the ball forward.

You know Duffy has had more shots and headers at goal this season than any other Brighton player, right? Mostly created by Gross.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Their pressing game served them very well. But in the Prem, it's not possible to keep that up against sides that can pass round you. Their energy level dropped in last 20 minutes and there was really only one side going to take the points. Didn;t see their strikers in the last 20 minutes.

Leeds were the masters last season = 6 points for a savvy Albion.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
I think it's really unfair to slate our forwards in this game, since they really didn't get much to work with. Veltman's few crosses were wide off the mark, the whole midfield were either over or under hitting their passes. I think this game showed quite clearly that buying a shiny new striker isn't really the biggest issue (although I wouldn't mind), it's rather the need for quicker and more precise build-up play.

But credit to Brentford, they made it very difficult.

And no, don't get me wrong, this isn't me moping. I can't understand anyone calling this game a snooze fest, I was bouncing like an idiot and shouting basically from start to finish behind the sofa, which is my preferred place when feelings are involved. Thoroughly enjoyed the tactical aspect of the game and a fantastic win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here