Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford tickets

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] so if i am reading that right it was a combination of large uptake and some people sitting on tickets . I thought that baskets cleared automatically if no activity for 1/2 hour so is it possibly the case that some tech minded person has worked out a way of beating that system , if so it might explain why i saw last night the on sale amount going up as well as down . Otherwise it would mean someone having to sit up all night constantly putting a ticket or tickets plural in their basket wouldn't it ?

No just means a tier 1 fan logs in to the ticket site at 08:50 and puts a ticket in their basket. At 09:00 they check out and allocate it to a tier 2 person. Basically the club need to make it so when a new tier is eligible to buy that any tickets held in a basket get released at the start of that tier (or anyone from a previous tier is unable to put tickets in their basket just before the new tier starts). The up and down you saw last night was probably people starting the buying process then stopping to restart again later and wasn't people trying to hold tickets for the morning.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That is beyond me. I can't imaging lending my smart phone and access to my Google Wallet to anyone, especially for a lengthy away day.

When you buy the ticket it gets sent in an email. Just forward that email to whoever is going and they add it to their wallet. Not hard or at all technical.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm pretty sure they said a few years back that they would be checking ID etc. at away grounds. I've been to plenty of away games since then and I've still yet to see it happen.

I recall being checked away at QPR a few years ago.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
When you buy the ticket it gets sent in an email. Just forward that email to whoever is going and they add it to their wallet. Not hard or at all technical.

So there is no link between the email associated with the ticket, and the email associated with the wallet? That's no more secure than a screenshot :facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why is the club saying that there were tickets available to tier 2 at 9am?
Myself and lots of others in this thread know that this was not the case

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes. Furthermore there were hardly any Fulham left at 9am on Tier 2 day. I was logged on via my phone on a 4G because I was in a holiday hotel but it looked like there'd be enough if you were swift. Then the pairs I got kept disappearing. I eventually ended up with a (very) restricted view pair by virtue of keeping trying. Three pairs of normals had disappeared from my grasp in that time. At least the full horror of Dunk's OG was obscured.

Other people noticed the buying pattern was extremely strange and that was the first time I saw someone post on here about the putting T2 tix in T1 baskets ahead thing.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
If they want to stop the tier 1 people holding tickets in their basket why not just make it so you have to assign the ticket before adding it to the basket?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why is the club saying that there were tickets available to tier 2 at 9am?
Myself and lots of others in this thread know that this was not the case

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

My reply didn't say that. It said "at 9am we still had tickets left for Brentford" - there was no mention of Tier 2.

Anyway, I had already gone back saying:

A couple of people have already responded on the availability of tickets at 9am this morning and, looking at the ticket site myself for the fixture, it does say: "This fixture has sold out to Season Ticket Holders with 280+ points" which I think people are interpreting as selling out at Tier 1, as that was the 280+ point stage of sales and, from memory, this would mean that any subsequent re-sale of any spare tickets would only be offered to those people (Tier 1) and not Tier 2.​

...to which the reply was...

"When we spotted what had happened this morning we decided not to open tickets to window 2 and the last few sold after the sessions were cleared. If we get more tickets returned they will go to window 1."​

I'll not go back again, as I don't want to bog the club down with my emails, and I was just trying to provide some clarity for people on this thread.

I wonder if it would be useful if the club stated the total number of tickets available to fans, and the number of people within Tier 1, in order that people are able to assess their likelihood of obtaining tickets. It would also help groups who are splitt between Tiers 1 and 2 - the "shall we buy now, or wait?" conundrum.

I'm not aware of literally zero tickets reaching Tier 2 before.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If they want to stop the tier 1 people holding tickets in their basket why not just make it so you have to assign the ticket before adding it to the basket?

I'm not sure it's as simple as you make out, primarily because the ticketing software is off-the-shelf, so will have restrictions on functional flow.

Possibly the only way it could be done, easily at least, is taking the tickets off sale between windows. WIth sales closed, no-one would be able to add tickets to their basket to "reserve" them for an upcoming Tier, and it would be a matter of fastest fingers first when the next Tier opened up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd be nervous of them making changes to the way things work other than the obvious point of clearing baskets before the start of each tier.

The ticket system is as close to perfect as possible and I suspect this game was just a combination of a number of factors coming together which created the problem that has never happened before and may not happen again.

I fear if they make more visibility on numbers available v number buying it may encouraging more tier 1's buying tickets for their mates in lower tiers.

Also if they start checking ID this will effectively mean LESS people going to away games. Many a time one of our group has had a on the day issue and we have brought in a replacement at short notice. I don't see much harm in this personally.

And as for the person concerned it's impossible to break into the top tier, my daughter and wife got their first season ticket about 3 years ago and they have been top tier since about half way through that second season, by going to a lot of away games where tickets became available. It is possible.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I'm not sure it's as simple as you make out, primarily because the ticketing software is off-the-shelf, so will have restrictions on functional flow.

Possibly the only way it could be done, easily at least, is taking the tickets off sale between windows. WIth sales closed, no-one would be able to add tickets to their basket to "reserve" them for an upcoming Tier, and it would be a matter of fastest fingers first when the next Tier opened up.

The Queue-it system they already have would achieve this if it was implemented 60 mins before the sales open.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd be nervous of them making changes to the way things work other than the obvious point of clearing baskets before the start of each tier.

The ticket system is as close to perfect as possible and I suspect this game was just a combination of a number of factors coming together which created the problem that has never happened before and may not happen again.

I fear if they make more visibility on numbers available v number buying it may encouraging more tier 1's buying tickets for their mates in lower tiers.

Also if they start checking ID this will effectively mean LESS people going to away games. Many a time one of our group has had a on the day issue and we have brought in a replacement at short notice. I don't see much harm in this personally.

And as for the person concerned it's impossible to break into the top tier, my daughter and wife got their first season ticket about 3 years ago and they have been top tier since about half way through that second season, by going to a lot of away games where tickets became available. It is possible.

My son's moved from tier 3 to 2 this season and is only an odd few points off me. Done by League Cup games and the less glamorous aways. We're nowhere near top tier for games like Brentford, but both over 250 now so on our way. I don't have an issue with the system per se at all.

I do have an issue with people gaming it, particularly if there have been people in tier one buying for someone else undeclared as they are getting points under false pretences and the person going isn't actually getting points to even the situation out. Even more annoying if the replacement then gets nicked or ejected.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My son's moved from tier 3 to 2 this season and is only an odd few points off me. Done by League Cup games and the less glamorous aways. We're nowhere near top tier for games like Brentford, but both over 250 now so on our way. I don't have an issue with the system per se at all.

Agreed. You have to play the long game, but the game isn't anywhere near as long as you probably think it is.

With every single away game you attend you will be climbing the ladder.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Agree with your first point. However, if they continue to allow paper tickets to be passed on then that is unfair on those in the lower tier brackets. I don't think knowing the numbers would make any difference to those that abuse the system. What they could do is make it easier to return tickets if you're unable to go although obviously that isn't going to help for late decisions.

As to your last point, I agree totally. Unfortunately, I believe there are many that feel they are 'entitled' to move up through the tiers without going to those long distance unattractive fixtures.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do have an issue with people gaming it, particularly if there have been people in tier one buying for someone else undeclared as they are getting points under false pretences and the person going isn't actually getting points to even the situation out. Even more annoying if the replacement then gets nicked or ejected.

I agree with this. There are people taking the points but not going to the games thus ensuring they retain their place at the front of the queue for the games they do want to go to.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
No just means a tier 1 fan logs in to the ticket site at 08:50 and puts a ticket in their basket. At 09:00 they check out and allocate it to a tier 2 person. Basically the club need to make it so when a new tier is eligible to buy that any tickets held in a basket get released at the start of that tier (or anyone from a previous tier is unable to put tickets in their basket just before the new tier starts). The up and down you saw last night was probably people starting the buying process then stopping to restart again later and wasn't people trying to hold tickets for the morning.

Thanks BNthree
I was aware of the issue of people in tier one logging in before nine but the mere fact that the club mentioned this in their reply to Bozza and that they said there were tickets left at 9.00 on day two when looking at the countdown of tickets on earlier posts ( i myself looked at about 11.30 pm and saw it was down to single figures ) culminating in post 25 saying they were sold out led me to believe it was more of a problem . By this i mean how could people log in at 8.50 and hold tickets if there were none left to hold ? So i reasoned that they might be being held for longer if you get my drift .
Anyway i think the clubs second reply is most revealing as it demonstrates that what was left at 9.00 was indeed so few that they sold to remaining tier one and never reached tier two . Even allowing for the people who had moved into tier one with Fulham points i have never seen that before .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here