• Leicester

Votes: 38 16.8%

• Total voters

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That's called toxic negativity.

Because

a) It's the Cup. Literally anyone can beat anyone on the day.
b) Without Vardy playing we genuinely do have a decent chance anyway

So no, that's not us out of the cup then.

Well, I hope not. My comment was more directed at the people who wanted us to get Leicester City away, which would clearly be a more difficult task than Brentford.

Looks like they’ve got what they wanted - us being knocked out, so I was being a bit sarcastic.

I’m looking for a famous cup win, but I won’t get my hopes up, we haven’t beaten them since we’ve been in the PL.

Jimmy Grimble

The only positive is now it feels like a free-hit. Think mentally the players will prefer that to the fear that would’ve come with going out to a Championship side. Lose to Brentford and their confidence would take a ping.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Of course. Bring it on I say. FA Cup, last 16, against one of the best teams in the League. That's what the Cup is all about!

I thought it was about avoiding the best teams and making it to the final! :lolol:

That’s what Portsmouth did and won it.

This now has got ‘Manchester United away in the quarter final a few years back’ all over it. Meaning we have a very small chance of winning.

Saying that, we do put out close to our best 11 in the cup these days, which is testament to the strength and confidence we have in our whole squad. That wouldn’t have happened before and a it’s a sign of progress.

I still can’t believe we play Dunk and Webster (along with other PL starters) in cup games against lower league teams :mad: I’m not complaining though!

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
If Welbeck scores after 10 minutes at the King Power it’d have been a different game. In the cup, without Vardy, we can get a result up there.

You appear to have overlooked the fact that Leicester are one of the top teams in the league and play very attacking and entertaining football and are a very capable side even when Vardy is absent, regarding Welbeck the big if, is he fit to play??

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I find them boring. It's not a rivalry, they're not a glamorous team, they don't play pretty and hit long balls for their fast players to run onto or fall over trying to influence the game. Yes they're effective but what a dull team to loose to.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
5th round, easy to forget before 1983 that was our best ever...

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I've retrospectively voted Leicester, because, you know :lolol:

But it was also my choice beforehand because its much rather be knocked out by Leicester than by Brentford

I wouldn’t assume we’d lose to Brentford though and would’ve had a great chance of getting to the quarter finals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here